Thread: 13 +4wks went to toilet having some bleeding

Default 13 +4wks went to toilet having some bleeding

13+4 wks having some painless bleeding looks like period. Am worried. Any recommendations? (

try and relax, a little bleeding in pregnancy is common and does not necessarily mean a miscarriage. Try and get in to see your GP tomorrow and hopefully you can have some blood tests or a scan to check everything is ok, but in the meantime take it easy and try not to stress

trav
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    try and relax, a little bleeding in pregnancy is common and does not necessarily mean a miscarriage. Try and get in to see your GP tomorrow and hopefully you can have some blood tests or a scan to check everything is ok, but in the meantime take it easy and try not to stress

trav
    xx
    Dear Traveller, Thanks so much for your prompt reply...yeah i guess i need to see my Dr, i have a full day at work tomorrow and am not sure if i should let work know, i work at a dental clinic and it is pretty busy at times.. i guess if it is a miscarriage not doing anything will not stop it... : o (

Hi LoveTillie,
    I am very sorry you are having this scary time. Bleeding is scary & as Traveller says it doesn't always mean a miscarriage. In fact it often does not. I know that's difficult to hold on to but try and keep that in mind.

Just keep an eye on the loss - it's important if it gets too heavy to go to the ED for an exam. Personally I would probably do that any way if it's possible.
    As for work tomorrow - this is what sick days are for. You do need to take it easy - you are right that rest won't stop an inevitable miscarriage but it can help if there is perhaps a bleed associated with other things.

Thinking of you my love - I understand how scary this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    Hi LoveTillie,
    I am very sorry you are having this scary time. Bleeding is scary & as Traveller says it doesn't always mean a miscarriage. In fact it often does not. I know that's difficult to hold on to but try and keep that in mind.

Just keep an eye on the loss - it's important if it gets too heavy to go to the ED for an exam. Personally I would probably do that any way if it's possible.
    As for work tomorrow - this is what sick days are for. You do need to take it easy - you are right that rest won't stop an inevitable miscarriage but it can help if there is perhaps a bleed associated with other things.

Thinking of you my love - I understand how scary this is.

Dear Inanna, Thanks to you also for your kind words. I always forget about sick days, i haven't had any... I will monitor it overnight and see if i have any more substantial bleeding and call in sick if i have anymore i don't want to be at work for that. Thanks again <3