Thread: 1st Ultrasound

Default 1st Ultrasound

We had our first ultrasound today, and all looks good. My dates have changed slightly too, so now due on the 17th March instead of the 21st.

I forgot how amazing it is to see that tiny jelly bean bouncing around in there!

Finally told our other girls tonight. There faces were priceless! They are so excited, and can't wait to tell everyone they see tomorrow!

Jo

Congtats on seeing your baby. My dates changed when i had my u/s by 4 days too. They probably wont stress too much on the change of dates, unless it was 2 weeks different.
    Looks like your girls will be spreading some news.
    Enjoy your pregnancy,
    Jen

Hi,

Congratulations on your 1st scan

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Congrats on having a great first ultrasound. The 17th of March is THE best day to be born on

Thanks all. The girls have been spreading the news today. They were just bursting to tell everyone! Even perfect strangers! They are so very different. Chloe is outwardly ecstatic, jumping around, and kissing my belly, whereas Jas is more quietly pleased about the whole thing. She put together a little book of pictures today with our family and the baby, very cute.

PS - Bec, I assume your birthday is the 17th March? I am on the 9th March, so the bub will be here somewhere in between my birthday and Chloe's 7th birthday!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

You assume correct

JadeTara Guest

Congratulations on your exciting first ultra sound, its just amazing isn't it?
    I'm due on the 21st March myself, it would be nice for someone to say that I'm a little further ahead than I thought (the morning sickness has been a nightmare)
    Just wanted to say congrats.
    x x x x

I have also been quite sick. I was sick with Jasmyn, but I think it stopped at about 12 weeks, and I can't remember it being this bad! I was thinking that the last 13 weeks have gone so fast, that the next 6 months are going to fly by! I hope that once the morning sickness finally goeas away, and I start feeling a bit more human, I am going to really enjoy this pregnancy!
    xx

JadeTara Guest

I totally agree with you there Jo, I feel guilty because I haven't really been enjoying it so far and I really want too. We will get there...

Hi, I am having my first u/s in 2 weeks yay. I am just wondering as this is my first, if this is the u/s that whe can tape? And do we get pictures?

Cheers
    m

I had to ask for a couple of pictures to be printed off so that we could show the girls. Otherwise, we have to wait until the 19w scan for dvd or pictures. I want to find out if we can have a 3-D scan for the next one too. Has anyone had one of these?

Jo

I will definately ask my Ob when I see him next week about the 3 D and 4D ultrasounds. My SIL had one and it was beautiful.

I just booked in for my 12 week scan, although I will only be 11w 5 days, is that too early? Its the Nt scan with the blood test.
    I rang them and they said that they will supply me with a cd rom and pics
    I wanted to get the 3d one too, but dont know how to go about getting it. I am in South East melbourne. Also my partner is a little freaked out about the 3d scan and he doesnt want to find out the sex either. Does anyone know how much they cost?

m

Cheers thanks for that. We will most probably look at having the 18 week one 4d. I am so excited