Thread: 3 positive preg tests but nothing showing up on ultrasound

Sheets Guest

Default 3 positive preg tests but nothing showing up on ultrasound

Hello,
    Am a bit confused at the moment as I have had a rather strange month. I came off the pill, got my period, then at 43 days into the cycle did a preg test which was negative. Ny doctor put e on PrimulotN for 5 days. did a test at 47days and it was positive, did another test on 48 and it was positive. Went for an ultrasound on the 51st day of cycle - nothing showing up yet, did another preg test on 52nd day which was still positive. Is it possible that I ovulated later than normal? Also how soon in the preg do these tests pick up the hormones and lastly my doc says that I am due on 5th April because my LMP started on 29 June, but I am more inclined to think that I'm due late april? Anyone been here before?
    Sheets

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Sheets,

Welcome to BellyBelly! Just moving this post to the pregnancy forums for you rather than the competitions forum - you might get a better response there.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hey Sheets,
    When you come off the pill you cycles can be a bit odd, so o'ing late is very possible. I am not sue what PrimulotN is...? I think you are right about your edd being later than what the doc thinks, although hpt can show positive very late for some women. But usually 14dpo a test will show up positive if pregnant, but it can show up 10dpo. So if you are pg I would say the u/s is way toooo early to see anything. I guess seeing as tho you don't know when you O'ed you'll have to wait for a few weeks to see anything on the u/s.
    In the mean time you are welcome to join us in the 1st tri forum in the August thread!
    btw... CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Tanya

Hi Sheets, :smt006

Firslty, I would just like to say, welcome to BB and congratulations on your pregnancy. I agree with Tanya, I would say it was just too early to show up anything on the u/s. Wait a couple of weeks then have another one done.

Come and join us in the August thread of 1st tri.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Hi Sheets

Welcome to BellyBelly. I totally agree with the other girls. You have to be around 6 or 7wks gestation approx for anything to show up on u/sound.

Love :smt049

Welcom to BB Sheets

I can't really add any more to what the others girls have said, but wanted to welcome you too!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Primolut N is used to stop bleeding but can't remember the ingredients - I had it myself when I was in highschool as I started having problems with my cycle. I was put on the pill which resolved those issues though, everytime I stopped taking Primolut it was like my period started again. Eck! The pill can do funny things to your cycle though, when you come off it.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.