Thread: 5 weeks, brown spotting???

Default 5 weeks, brown spotting???

hi Everyone,

Im in need of some advice, im am 5 weeks pregnant today, and when i woke and went to the loo i noticed when i wiped some light brown spotting, i freaked out as you can imagine, so i had my sobs and then took a shower and put a pad on, its now been about 6 hours since then and im still lightly spotting brown but its not even enough to mark the pad its only there when i wipe, im a bit scared as it taken so long to conceive this baby, would really like to know if anyone has had this with a happy outcome. [-o<

Hi Michelle

Spotting brown blood is an indication of old, dry blood that is for some reason in the cervix. The most common reason is if you have sexual intercourse and irritation of the cervix causes a little "tear". Not enough that is comes flowing out, but like when you urinate or you wipe, you might see it on the tissue. Unless you are passing bright red blood and clots, or having cramps brown spotting is pretty harmless.
    However if this does not stop within the next day or so you should get it checked out.

Thanx Alan, its so nice to have a real professional here to give us advice, well i will probably try to put my mind to rest for today and will take your advice if it continues!

Thankyou

Michelle, I had brown spotting for a couple of weeks, but things are still fine at the moment.. It is very scary, I know but the longer it goes on the more I think that maybe it's just normal. The thing that makes me feel much better is I had a scan at 6 weeks and everything was fine and I could see it's little heart beating Try not to stress and see your doctor if it doesn't go away

bianca_m Guest

i wouldn’t worry i had the same thing i had brown spotting on and off from about week 5 to week 10
    a couple of days it was even bright red
    i am now 35 weeks pregnant and going strong
    apparently its normal to have spotting around this time.
    i had repeated ultrasounds about 1 every couple of weeks and they could never find out where the blood was coming from.
    just take it easy and don’t lift anything to heavy.
    and if you really start to panic go to your gp and ask for a referral to get an ultrasound.

good luck