Thread: 7 week u/s

Default 7 week u/s

hi everyone, well i went to my dr today and told her about the spotting i had last week and some abdominal cramps/pain. She's sending me for an u/s tomorrow just to be sure. she said this is way more accurate than the hgc levels. can anyone tell me what we'll actually see on the screen?

also i've lost 1 kilo in 2 weeks and my blood pressure has dropped from 100/70 to 90/60. can anyone relate to that?

thanks as always

Good luck for your scan tomorrow. I hope the spotting is "just" one of those things and you deliver a healthy baby.

Hi pelaja

If you are not used to seeing the U/S scan thay can like nothing but hopefully they will point out the baby for you. At this age it should look a little like a peanut.

The loss of weight and the drop in blood pressure tells me that you are not drinking enough. This is only a guess as without seeing you and asking you lots of questions it is very difficult for me to say exactly what is going on.

Hi Alan, My DR said the same thing about drinking but I drink about 1.2 litres of water and I try and have a glass of milk in the morning but it's a real struggle. my stomach doesn't like it. I try and have OJ with dinner. how much more do I need to drink? I've been staying off soft drink cause I didn't think it was good for the baby.

thanks for your advice

Hi Pelaga - They say you should be drinking a minimun of 2 litres per day especially in this heat, I`d say I drink at least 4 litres per day and I wouldn`t be surprised if it was more.

Good luck with your ultrasound

Hi pelaja

Deejoy is correct you need at least 2 litres a day. If you are very active of if you live in one of the hotter parts of oz then you will need to drink more perhaps 3 litres. One little tip, if you are starting to feel thirsty then you are already a little dehydrated. It is a good idea to stay away fron soft drinks but one occasionally will not do much harm.

julesy Guest

Hi pelaja,

I was just about to post a new topic when I stumbled across yours...Yesterday I had some sharpish cramping pain and then a small bleed just as I was about to go to work! When I called my obstetrician, she said to have an ultrasound today to see if everything is OK.

I too am 7 and a bit weeks pregnant. When we went in I was incredibly nervous, not knowing what to expect. This being my first pregnancy, the sight of a little blood completely freaked me out, so I was expecting the worst.

When we watched the ultrasound though, even at 7 weeks, we could see our baby's little heart beating!!!! Althought the size of a peanut, it was reasuring to see the little life inside me was OK, in the right place (ie not a tube) and that it was doing everything it was supposed to be doing.

Good luck with your scan, I'm sure you will be fine. All of a sudden, my pregnancy seems 'real' now, as we have seen our baby for the first time.

I still am not sure what causes the cramping or the small bleed, but the OB said that it's never a very easy thing to discover why these things happen so early in pregnancy. She said I may just be one of those unlucky women who has several bleeds throughout the pregnancy for no apparent reason. Not entirely reasuring, but the ultrasound helped a lot!

Hope this helps your anxiety.

:flower:
    Julesy

Julesy, My scan was exactly like yours. Heart beating really fast, like a white flashing light. My scan actually identified that there was a bleed and my DR wasn't concerned. Bad news is the ultrasound says I'm only 6 weeks! not 7! so I'm kind of disappointed about that. I know there could have been extremely worse news but I can't wait until the first trimester is over so I can be gone with feeling off and tell everyone!

julesy Guest

I know exactly what you mean!! We SOOO want to shout it from the roof tops, but are going to wait until 12 weeks just to be safe. A handful of our people know (mostly through default!!!), but the rest will find out later!

julesy