Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 week u/s.....is she hiding?????

Unhappy 7 week u/s.....is she hiding?????

Hi Girls

Had my scan on Saturday, I should be 7 weeks, only saw round sac, doc said it may be too early, I thought I saw a flutter but dont know if that was wishful thinking. Im having another scan on Friday, I looked at all the 7 week ultrasound pic's on the net and I should be seeing something....could she be hiding????

I am so scared and nervous and anxious. My partner had a blighted ovum when she was trying, what on earth are the chances of me having one too! I really feel the universe is not our friend at the moment.

MT

I don't have any answers, I'm sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you're supposed to see, but just wanted to say I hope you see a nice big blob and a heartbeat on Friday.

aww, sorry MT try not to be too nervous.
    Maybe she was hiding
    From another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
    They have studies which show that babies move away from it when later on in the pregnancy
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    I must admit that I was a bit shocked when my OB explained that what the baby experiences in an u/s is like being in an underwater explosion - those cute waves are really messages to 'bugger off and leave me alone'. Having said that, I've had 4 u/s due to various risks but encouraged the sonographer to leave it at the last one when DS started hiding behind the placenta when she was trying to get a 4D face shot for us.

mumstar Guest

MT - i had a scan at 7 weeks (on tummby) at my ob's, but he couldn't see anything - so he decided to do an internal scan. It is alot clearer and I could see the flutter of the heartbeat. What type of scan did you have? If still concerned ask to have an internal scan. It doesn't hurt but it does give you a very very clear picture. Good luck, I hope you see the heartbeat.

Oh mummytwo, what a horrible feeling for you!
    Fingers crossed, lots of sticky, heartbeat vibes!!

Sarah - it's a bit too early for that hun.

The doc said it may be early, not 'theres nothing there'. I hope you don't go too nuts waiting for the next scan, but I'm sure you'll see exactly what you are supposed to .

Fingers crossed xoxoxoxo

MT - just eading your signature you girls have been through so much! I'm sure everything will be alright and the little bugger was just playing with you - mayybe ask for a vaginal scan next time - i have had them and they arent as bad as they sound but def more clear!

Lulu- yeah, I thought so, but still if they have trouble finding bigger babies coz they're hiding it would be even harder to spot this little one!

It's probably still too early, try and stay positive

I hope everything goes well for you on Friday.

Default hey im new

hey everyone, im new and i figured the 1st place to go would be to find some belly buddies. Umm...i'm about 8 1/2 weeks...i think. I missed a period before i got pregnant so we originally thought i was ten weeks, that was just over 3 weeks ago. Had an u/s and showed i was only about 5. But that can change as its too early on to tell. ummm....havent got a due date yet. for my ticker i just estimated dates until i got 8 1/2 weeksish. I just wanted a ticker cuz they are so cute. Ummm...trying to talk to the daddy for help is like talking to a brickwall but my parents are behind me 100% thankfully. I am only 16 but i feel ready enough to care for a child, with the help of family and friends.

MT - I had a scan today at 6 weeks 6 days and could not see anything but a sack when they did it. Wasn't until she did and internal u/s that I saw the blob.. She and I both saw just a flicker of something for a short second on the external. Don't panic, I'm sure it's all ok..

Hi buff_fan - join in with your belly buddies in this thread

Last pregnancy i too had a scan at 5wks and 3days and could not see anything, then she did an internal and there the baby was! Internal are no way as bad as you think and VERY clear. Good luck!

Buff_fan use the link that SaraJane gave you. It takes you to the same group i am in! Hope to see you there!

At my 6 week U/S all I could see was a blob and and tiny black dot beating away (we could already hear the heatbeat too) thats why smudge got the name smudge. Didn't look like anything to us, try not to stress yourself out about it too much. Just look forward to the next Ultrasound.

HI Girls

THank you all for your support and advice. The u/s I had was an internal one and this week my m/s, tiredness and frequency of toilet tripping has all decreased so I am not feeling overly hopeful. We will find out Fri either way, I am hanging on by the skin of my teeth that the flutter I saw last week was something...only time will tell. I will let you all know next week. Take care everyone.

MT

mumstar Guest

MT - hang in there. I know this is a very stressful time at the moment. Please try and stay positive. Fingers crossed for you.

MT-All the best, I hope everything turns out ok for you. I had my first US the other day aswell an internal and had the same scenario I thought I was 7 weeks but they think it is quite a bit earlier as they can see the gestational sac but nothing in it. I ring the dr tomorrow to find out what I have to do.

Again I hope that all goes well.

Love

I had an internal scan at around 7 weeks and nothing but a gestational sac could be seen yet. Don't worry! Remember that it's all based on when they *think* you concieved. If you concieved later than was calculated then your pregnancy is younger than 7w3d and it makes sense you wouldn't see anything. When they finally found my bub, I was told that we miscalculated her age. Well, she was born at 38 1/2 weeks at 9lb, 55cm so i don't see how thats possible!

At this point, since you haven't had any bleeding or anything (I'm assuming since you didn't mention it), I'd be cautiously optimistic. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast