Thread: 7 wks and 2 glasses of champagne...for new years eve

Red face 7 wks and 2 glasses of champagne...for new years eve

New years Eve was a great night; i even indulged in 2 glasses of champagne! But, i feel really depressed and guilty about it now - i fear that i may have interferred with my babies development, and so created abnormalities.....

I am 7 weeks pregnant today. And i feel so stessed! What do you all think about this? Last nite was the only time i have drank since knowing i was pregnant... any advice or help would be appreciated... i also want to add that i ate a meal while i was drinking too, im not sure if that helps matters though.....eeeeek!

Hello, I have heard of people having a few alcoholic drinks early in pregnancy and their baby is fine. I think its more a problem if you are drinking alcohol every day or huge amounts of it.

Mysti
    The occasional giass or two of alcohol will not do you or your baby any harm

mylilangle Guest

I wouldn't stress to much about it, before I knew I was pregant we went out on a very big night for a close friends birthday, i found out a week later that I was already 5 1/2 weeks pregant. we got married when I was almost 10 weeks pregant and had 2 glasses of champagine but had 1/2 champagine and 1/2 orange juice.

When I was around 6 weeks pregnant my friend got divorced so I went to her house and we had a HUGE weekend! We went clubbing and I got drunk both nights. At the time I couldn't figure out why I was so tired or my jeans were so tight. I found out about a week later that I was pregnant! I think that sort of thing happens all the time so I wouldn't worry

I have a glass of wine here and there, and that is fine. Past pregnancies, i've been smashed, just before I found out I was pregnant. All my kids are fine.!!! So I wouldn't feel guilty about it.

I had 2-3 glasses of wine when I was about 4wks pg - I thought AF had arrived, but it turns out that it wasn't AF at all.

Don't stress - I'm sure your little cherub is just fine!

Mysti, I know a lot of the literature on not drinking when you are pregnant sounds pretty strict but that's because most ppl who have alcohol dependencies tend to be in denial about how much and how often they actually do drink and they tend to under report it to their drs. So the medical system really emphasises it because repeated heavy drinking will have an impact over the course of a pregnancy.

However two glasses of bubbly on NYE does not constitute heavy drinking :-)

I'm sure if you asked your Dr or midwife about it they would hasten to reassure you that everything is ok and not to worry about it! Please be kind to yourself and concentrate on the ways you are doing what's best for your baby!
    :-)

I had half a glass of strawberry midori on New Years eve, I just couldnt help myself.
    Thinking about what you can and cant eat/drink during pregnancy can do your head in sometimes. But I wouldnt worry about your 2 x glasses of champagne, everything will be just fine! Big Hugs!

Most of the literature I have read says the occasional glass will not hurt.

I still didn't drink in the first tri, mainly because I was so sick, but I would ease off and try and stay away until the second or third tris.

As far as your 2 glasses on new years, I'm sure everything is fine, don't beat yourself up about it!!!!!!!!