Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 weeks today (vent)

Thumbs down 8 weeks today (vent)

ok so today i am 8 weeks preg and i have known since 3 weeks 5 days.... although when i was suspected 6 weeks and 2 days the ultrasound said the baby's size was 6 weeks which annoyed me because i knew exactly when my lmp was and everything and two days is alot when things seem to go so slow!!!!!
    so i am slowly moving along counting the days as they go, eating myself stupid even though i feel sick and watching my ass grow on the couch ( i first wasn't working as i work in childcare and there was a chicken pox outbreak and the first day i went back i fainted so now i can't work due to the possibility of fainting ugh).....
    so here i am crawling the boards of belly belly and hoping ppl come on msn to talk meaningless crap with i am so frustratingly bored its rediculous and this pregnancy couldn't go slower when i am just itching for it to progress!!!
    sorry for the vent guys just needed to get it out!

Hey noni I know how you feel - I'm 8 weeks tomorrow! Things are going so very slowly - I haven't had a scan yet but am so anxious to have one but the dr doesn't think there's any reason to have one just yet and put my MC last year down to "bad luck"!
    Hopefully things speed up for us all
    When is your next appt? Have you seen a midwife yet?

i am just seeing a gp atm have my first appt at the ante natal clinic in april they don't wanna see me till then.... my next appt at the dr is this sat and is for urine screening and bp i see him every 2 weeks atm....
    the only reason i got to have a scan was because i had pain on one side so bad that they thought i was ectopic at 6 weeks.... so lol u could just tell em u have excruciating pains??? or that ur unsure of ur dates? they should give u an ultrasound then lol... although at 6 weeks i had to have an internal because nothing was big enough to see with the normal one, so thats not very pleasant and i would assume at 8 weeks it wouldn't be any different... however i must say it was worth it coz it puts ur mind at ease especially when u see the heart beat...

lol yeah I thought about telling him I had son pain hehe
    I go back to him in 2 weeks and he said he'd give me a referral to the hospital but they probably won't want to see me until about 18 weeks so same as you in April.
    I might just wait the 2 weeks and ask for a scan then - hopefully nothing happens before then to need one.
    Where are you from?

Hi Shannon
    Hope your scan goes well Are you going to find out the gender or keep it as a surprise?

haha well hope bubs co-operates for you
    Are you hoping any particular gender? Do you have any intuition what it could be?

nella - i live in blacktown - sydneys outer west
    shannon - my dp said wow its going fast when i told him yesterday that "tmw is 8 weeks"
    i really got mad at him lol poor guy... i was like fast? u try having nothing to do and feeling like crap knowing there is 7 months left and things could get worse!!!!

My mum used to work at Blacktown Hosp in 1999. Where are you going to book in to have the bub?

lol at blacktown hospital... its really close to here (like less than 5 min drive) and my dads g/f is a nurse who used to work there and said since we didn't have the money to go private it was a good choice...

Nice and close I can't wait for things to start to hurry up a little.. I have exams next week and the week after so hopefully that'll make it go by a litle quicker.

yeah it would be good to have something to do lol what area are you in?

Noni I'm in the Logan area of Brisbane.
    Well hope you find out one way or the other Shannon

lol thats a good point shannon everyone asks me and i say as long as its healthy i wonder if ppl think i am going to dis own the poor little thing if he is unhealthy???

ohhh i just said he lol the past few days i have been leaning towards a girl!!!! maybe theres a little boy in there lol

Have you done the chinese lunar calendar and the ring of love?

no what is that lol?

http://www.holodeck.com/pregnancy/chinese-cal.html thats a link to the lunar calendar and the ring of love is just when you put a wedding band or a gold ring on a string and put it over your belly while laying down - if it goes in a circle its said to be a girl and if it swings back and forth its said to be a boy - of course these are just for fun the lunar calendar works for all pregnancies for some people but none for others!

lol it says girl... it says at my age i can only have a boy if i concieve in jan lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast