Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: addicted to coke

Thumbs down addicted to coke

i know i ask sooooo many questions and i am sorry for that!!!!!
    the thing is i was addicted to coke b4 getting preg, the week leading up to my bfp i couldn't seem to get enough water and i was drinking probably more then the 2l a day...
    over the last few weeks water gives me an off feeling in the stomach and i have reverted back to mostly drinking coke.... i know this is bad for my baby but i dnt know what to do coz it seems to be the only fluid i can get down and keep down its really frustrating and really scary coz i know this is not good for baby but if i dnt drink it theres no fluids please help!!!!

can you try- cola falvoured cordial?? maybe that will help??

i didn't know there was such thing deffinately worth giving anything i can a try though

Hi noni e. How much are you drinking? I have read a few times that it is safe to drink up to 8 cans of coke a day when pregnant! For coffee, it's only 3 cups and that gives you an idea of how much less caffeine coke has than coffee. Having said that, it's not ideal but I also find that drinking some coke helps me feel less queasy.

I'm sure it will be okay. Maybe ask you dr if you're concerned.

Hi Noni
    I was addicted to thos cans of V.. well not addicted but I was having them everymorning with out fail.... with a cigarette to boot!!
    So when getting my BFP I had to give up the both!! Headaches and snappyness was me all over for about 4 weeks and then it passed!!. So worth the process!!

I was a big coke drinker also.. not huge huge but alot... I just switched to lemonade and now when I go for take away or something I know I can go for the coke but am just not interested any more! Its GREAT!

So yeah maybe give that a go.... it worked wonders for me

GOOD LUCK!! and remember..... YOU CAN DOOO ITT :P

xoxoxox

You can also get caffeine free diet coke, that would have to be much better for bubs than the normal coke.
    You can get coke flavouring syrup in the sodastream range,, just mix a little with soda water and that should also be better.

i was the sam ei loved the soft drink i found that if i didnt buy any and had none in my house then i couldnt drink it. so i got used to water and that is all i drink i would prob drink about 4- liters a day noe its good for you and baby and if you get used to it now then by the time you have baby it really helps to water down ur urine if you have torn or got grazes. i used to put lemon slices in it to start with wihich really helped try that just think of the baby and you should be able to give it up good luck .

wow guys thanks for all the ideas as far as how much i am drinking would only be like 4 - 5 cans a day, i think switching to lemonade would work something about the sugar and fizz, its not that i am needing the caffiene (even though i do) that is making it hard to give up its that i can't seem to get down anything thats not fizzy and sugary and coke seems to make me feel better (queziness)....
    is it only the caffiene that i should worry about is switching to a non caffienated fizzy drink gonna do the trick?

I am addicted to vanilla coke and lately I am having a can a day almost! Today I am kicking the habbit and drinking only water with the lemon or orange taste which you can buy at the supermarket. I dont think I will completely stop but I do know I need less coke and more water!
    its nice to know there is someone else out there who drinks alot of coke too

I am a heavy tea and tonic water (contains quinnine as i get bad leg cramps) and have had to give them both up. It is very hard but I don't have any around besides a few tea bags and always have a bottle of water in reach. Have you tried cordial or as someone else suggested getting some cola flavored cordial in some soda water (if you can have soda water that is I don't think it has anything bad in it?).

Luckily for me the smell or sight of coffee and carrots (?) makes me feel sick. Maybe need a Pavlovian experience and couple the coke with something bad to turn you off it lol

Luv & hugs,

Celtic Moon

I very rarely used to drink coke before getting preg, but have found that its another tastebub that has changed for me. I dont drink it really during the week, but on the weekends, i might have 1 or 2 cans, and i feel abit quilty about it, but, as Lil MG said, they dont ban caffine all together, so i think in moderation, you should be fine. My biggest concern with the coke mainly is the sugar.
    Before being preg, never had sugar in my hot drinks, but, now, always have sugar.

I craved and drank coke throughout my entire pregnancy with Harrison... he is fine... but now that he is here, coke tastes awful to me

Hi Noni
    I am a coke addict as well and have tried to curb the craving. I've found switching to Lemonade helped as did cordial in water. Plain water for me actually makes me feel sick if I drink too much of it. Everything in moderation is the key. The ingredients in coke that are deemed 'bad' are caffeine and sugar so maybe even try the caffeine and sugar free cokes. However, if I feel like a coke, I have one. It makes me feel better and I keep within one can per day. Some days I can do without but I didn't want to try to cut myself off cold turkey. Don't feel guilty, just keep moderation in mind..

Hello. I'm a bit of a Coke addict too, but have cut it down to 1 can per day during pregnancy (unless I'm having a really bad day!). I've found a mixture of sparking mineral water and juice (orange or cranberry) really helps me - the bubbles settle my stomach and the natural sugars in the juice pep me up a bit. Plus you get a few vitamins as well!

my DH is quaking with fear. we have heard through the grapevine that when i start ivf next month i have to give up caffeine. i cant function without my morning cappucinno( we are so addicted we bought a cap. maker last year....yummy!) and i have cut my coke down but still go through 2 cans a day. plus i cant drink diet flavours as i cant stand anything that not the real thing! apparently caffeine interferes with the drugs. bummer. and maybe i have to stop caffeine till 12 weeks prego. my last two pregnancies (natural conception) i was told to cut down caffeine but couldnt do it, so i feel for you. i even like to have a 600ml iced coffee every couple of days.... heaven forbid anyone who has to cut down or (GULP) stop caffeine.

yeah should i try switching to lemonade or something??? still very high in sugar though???

If lemonade does it for you, then absolutely, I think it would be preferable. There's that much s**t in coke so if you can substitute it with something else, great. But I still LOVE coke. Also, I agree it's all about the fizz for me, so I don't mind having sparkling mineral water with a squeeze of lemon.

I would avoid diet drinks (I personally can't stand the taste) because I feel like the nutrasweet crap in them is a worse poison than sugar or caffeine.

Good luck!

yeah diet drinks make me feel sick!!!! i heard lemonade has more sugar then coke i am just wondering if it is worth cutting out the caffiene even if the sugar goes up??? am i even making sense?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast