Thread: Advice - Lifting things

*Beccy* Guest

Default Advice - Lifting things

Hi all, I only introduced myself today but I have a really important question to ask everyone. Is it dangerous to an early pregnancy to lift heavy objects ?????
    I will start with a little blurb so that you understand my question.

My husband and I are TTC #2. Upon my husbands request, I am not allowed to tell anyone that we are TTC. But today I went to a friends house for coffee and she asked me to lift a heavy table so that she could put a drop-sheet underneath it to stop the spillage of any teak oil.
    I did, because we have only been TTC since the end of April, so I haven't even reached my ovulation days yet !!!
    I used my legs of course to lift it, but it has put a big strain on my body.
    Gosh, the silly things we do !!!

Rebecca

I know that exercise in early pregnancy is ok, so I would think that lifting things is also alright. Having said that, I am in no way an expert, and if you are really concerned maybe you should check with you Dr just in case.

*Beccy* Guest

Thankyou...Seeing Dr in 1 week.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Rebecca

Hi Rebecca

It is usually only in later pregnancy that lifting heavy objects is a concern. Well that is what I have always been told anyway

Love :smt049

*Beccy* Guest

lol....isn't funny what us mummy's get up to while pregnant!!

Yes, I remember feeling very sensitive when I was about 7 months pregnant with my first. I knew exactly when I'd lifted something that was a little too heavy!

Thankyou for your advice "Luke's Mum"... you know I would never even think twice about lifting something....but when you know there is a little baby that you so desperately want, your decisions are foremost for that person.

Thanks again.
    Becky