Thread: AF type cramps

Default AF type cramps

I am only just pg, I think 5 weeks today. Before getting my BFP I had cramps and twinges, niggly type pains. Since late last night I have been getting these dull cramps, quite a bit like af is coming. I am paranoid that I am going to miscarry again. I didn't have any pain last time as it was a missed m/c, and we found out by u/s. I have heard that it is normal to get cramping during pg, I just want to know if any of you girls have experienced it! I did a HPT last night and it was still a very strong line, and I am still getting lots of creamy cm with not a hint of blood in it, so I'm sure everything is okay, I just need to be reassured. TIA!

Hi hun,
    Try to relax, the cramping is normal, and from what i can see, i think that the majority of new mums have it.
    My cramps were absolutely horrible, and i was 100% positive AF was on its way
    , but she never came. The cramps eased off a bit around 7 weeks, but finally vanished at around 10 weeks

Thanks girls, I think I just needed to be reassured. I am feeling much better today, the cramping has settled and I've had a great sleep! I'm sure it's all just the natural stretching and growing that the uterus has to do. I have my first Ob appt on thursday, so unless I'm very worried before then, I think I'll just wait for my appt.

Thanks for all your support! Love Sez xoxo

Oh yeah....very normal. Actually the way I found I was pregnant with my first is that I was having such debilatating cramps I couldn't do anything, so I went to the doctor. He did a pregnancy test and shocked me . But they went on for a good couple of weeks after that and there was nothing wrong at all, just stretching pains. I had a healthy boy at 36 weeks.

I know what you mean about the worry, I have had constant bleeding and spotting this pg with pain, but bubs is still fine and all there, but I freak out on a regular basis. I just wish there was some way each time we were scared that we could somehow check the baby's heartbeat....wouldnt that be easier

Best of luck, and think positive thoughts, i'm sure thats how my bub is still here now, even though the doctor told me I'd miscarried for sure, I never lost hope and was happy to prove him wrong