Thread: All day sickness

Default All day sickness

Here I was thinking I'd gotten away with it and its hit me 10 fold, the thought of eating makes me sick yet I have to eat so I dont :feelsick: , who would wish this on any human being!

I have a 4 hour bus trip on saturday morning and although I know it's a long shot does anyone have any quick fix ideas as to how I keep the nausea at bay for a few hours, I've already got crackers and water.

Just thought I'd put it out there

Apparently Ginger works miracles with some women, I have never liked ginger on its own so I'm not a good source but I bought blackmores travel sickness ginger tablets for m/s & it helped heaps.

I was gong to say the ginger tablets as well. Bllackmore's have a soecific morning sickness formulas which also has vitamin B which helps apparently.

Also, you can get those sea sickness bands which sit on your wrists. Most chemist probably have them...

Fantastic, it's really hitting me hard, I find it hard enough to sit at work let alone enjoy my romantic weekend this weekend.

Feels strange talking like a pregnant woman when I know it wont be so in a week.

Aw huni, you poor thing, I feel for you, I was sick the whole time with my daughter, but still somehow managed to put on 30kgs! #-o

I know you can get Maxalon, and then if this won't work and then try the anti-nausea wrist bands you get them in the chemist.

Good luck sweety.

Quote Originally Posted by Amine
    Feels strange talking like a pregnant woman when I know it wont be so in a week.
    You still need to look after yourself

In that case you can probably take any anti nauea medication there is as you won't be worried about the effects on the baby...

I totally forgot about Maxalon, worked wonders last time I had it, I wonder if I can get it over the counter though - no time to go to the docs.

As long as I have food in my mouth and Im busy I feel ok but being a receptionist sometimes it isn't that easy :-s

Can't get Maxalon over the counter but they've bought out a new drug that you can and it has kinda the same effect. It's for nausea just not a high a dose as maxalon and it has panadol in it.

Will check out the wrist band coz then I can just wear it all weekend like a cool fashion statement :-s

Thanks all!

Hi Amine

Ginger is great. Make yourself some ginger tea you can drink it hot or cold. And you can drink it during your trip.

The wrist bands don't work - save your money!! I ended up seeing an accupuncturist as my nasea/vomiting was so bad, and he said there's no way the wrist bands can work as they don't even sit against the correct points...

Ice cold coke works for some people, and I found icy water with lemon squeezed in was better than plain water.

Good luck!