Thread: Allergic Reaction?

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Default Allergic Reaction?

Allergic Reaction?

For the past few weeks I’ve been sneezing, had a blocked nose and a rash on my forehead which is now slowly spreading to the rest of my face which looks like eczema? I’m obviously reaction to something… Could it be my bubba?

I’ve never been allergic to anything before, never had hayfever or anything like this? It is upsetting me, and people have noticed my skin is red & blotch and flaking off my face – it is itchy and stings when I use a cleaner or moisturizer? Why am I suddenly allergic when pregnant? Has anyone heard of this before… (I would not be overly worried about my appearance but I’m getting married in 10 weeks so I don’t want to look like I have some skin disease and be sneezing the whole way up the isle!)

Please help!!!

I didn't have what you've described but my skin was very sensitive and I had acne on my chest and shoulders. It was so bad that I had to buy new tops that had higher necklines as I found it a bit embarrasing.

I had a rash last week and my MIL who is a nurse told me that any allergies you might have work overtime when you are pregnant and you become hypersensitive to things that normally would be OK. You might want to try a different cleanser or moisturiser, especially if it stings :shock: Have you tried cetaphil? It is supposed to be very mild

I'm sure your not allergic to your baby.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

He hee...

thanks girls...

allergy has settled down, have to use cetaphil and a $120 mosturieser - ouch... everything else I tried on my skin stung... the red dots have gone but the dry flaky skin is still there..
    :-(

wanted to look 'radient' while I was pg - now I just want to get through it unscared!

Apparently a blocked nose is common in second trimester as their is more mucus (apparently not just in your nose - ummm....)

I'm glad it is clearing up for you ceecee. i just wanted to add that i have extremely sensitive skin and the only thing i can use on it is QV. it is similar to cetaphil, but also has a lotion which is great as a moistuiser. just thought you might want to give it a go when your $120 one runs out!

lucysmummie Guest

Glad to hear your clearing up abit cee cee.

Just a thought if you still have problems before you get married there is a oxygen facial you can get at all good beauty salons. its used on burns unit patients and is GREAT for NAY type of skin condition. my SIL has esxma (sp?) and it works wonders!!!!

good luck for the wedding!!!

Hi Cee_Cee99

This is unlikely to be an allergic reaction. It is more likely to be your hormones.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Thanks guys, has cleared up a little, but is still noticable.. which has led most people to tell me I'm having a boy (as I have yucky skin - gee thanks!)

Shinne - you are a god send - really Oxygen facials can be used during pregnacy.. that is so good. I will do one of those before my wedding day to brighten my skin a little... thanks a zillion -

lucysmummie Guest

Yeah they are the most sensative facial because its all really water and things like that, as i said they are used on burns patients and are highly recomended for everyone!!! Good luck choockie!!!!

ceecee - i had terrible skin through my pg and had a girl!..... :-s