Thread: "Am I still pregnant??"

fidaly Guest

Default "Am I still pregnant??"

Hi everyone,

My name is Fiona and I am 8 weeks pregnant. I found out quite early, just before I was due. However it has been quite stressful. I had a scare with bleeding and cramping but when I had ultrasound I was told there was 2 gestational sacs (twins?) but only one had a heartbeat. Has anyone experienced this? I have had bleeding since but my OB thinks this is the old blood. I was very relieved I still had one.

I have got sore boobs, still slight spotting but I am really paranoid that something will happen to the other. Is there any other way except for ultrasound to check if you are still pregnant. I haven't had morning sickness yet and I am really worried.

Sorry for rambling on, very paranoid and anxious at the moment, any ideas would be really appreciated.

Congratulations everyone, hope all goes well for you O

Hi Fidaly

Can you get a HCG blood test done. Most girls that have had m/carriages and then fallen pregnant have numerous HCG blood tests over the 1st trimester. HCG is supposed to constantly go upwards up until the placenta kicks in.

Love :smt049

Hi Fiona,

:hugs: It sounds like it has been quite an anxious time for you! As Kathryn said you could get a HCG test done, but you'd really need to get them done continually or at least get a few done so you can see it rising. The best way is an u/s tho. If you find yourself getting really stressed about it get it checked out with your OB or go to the A&E for an u/s. It'll give you some peace of mind at least.

Not everyone gets morning sickness, so try not to worry too much about that. Easier said than done I know!

I hope the rest of the pg goes smoothly for you. :bluestick: inkstick:

fidaly Guest

Default "Am I still Pregnant"

Thanks guys, funnily enough I had really sore boobs today and feel quite seedy - sort of like a hangover only without the party!! So hopefully they are good signs.... Can't believe I look forward to being sick #-o

I spoke to a few girlfriends last night and that is how they felt also. I am seeing my OB is two weeks so I will have a chat to him then.

Thanks for your replies, I will talk to him about the blood test.

Good luck girls, look forward to hearing some happy tales!!

Thanks

Fiona

Hey Fiona,
    Sorry I haven't poked my haed in to make some suggestions... but honestly, I can't. I have no idea! I am so sorry you are having some spotting etc. But I think I have heard that oyu can loose one twin and the other be fine! But I am not sure if you have to naturally (I know it's a horrible word) abort the second? I think this is something you Dr needs to clear up.
    Good luck and I hope every thing goes well!

Tanya

meg Guest

Hi Fiona,
    You can lose 1 twin and the other one will be fine. I have had two friends who this has happened to who have two heatlhy children now. I hope this isn't the case for you, as it would be very sad for you to lose a twin. I would get a repeat ultrasound and check that everything is going OK if you need to put your mind at ease. I will be having weekly u/s this pregnancy, so don't be afraid to ask for another scan, very easy for them to do. As mentioned above HCG (pregnancy hormone) can be an indicator. If you have lost a twin though, that may have been boosting your HCG and a small drop may not mean that the other baby you are carrying is not OK. I had very good HCG levels my last pregnancy for a long time, even though things were not growing that well, so a u/s is a much better and accurate way to go.

Goodluck with your continuing pregnancy, Meg

Hi,

I'm a site and pregnancy newbie and just wanted to say how wonderful it is to see so many helpful ladies on the site. It is so reassuring to know that I have come to a great place to get help and support along the path.

Thank you ladies,

Sara

Best wishes fidaly for your pregnancy and to everyone else as well.