Thread: Anxious about 1st Dr's appt

Default Anxious about 1st Dr's appt

Hi all,

This is my third pregnancy, I am 6w2d. I haven't been to the Dr's yet as I am scared that they might say something is not right. With my second pregnancy I m/c at 9w4d and now i fear the worst. I know i should go to the Dr's and I will next Monday.
    Just wanted to know from others if it normal to feel like this after having had a m/c. I think I would be at ease if I could actually see the baby on the ultrasound and be assured all is ok. Is it to early for ultrasound.
    Hope your all doing well. Take care Leah

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Leah

I have never been pregnant before but I am also anxious about this pregnancy.Quite a few of my cousins have miscarried and I'm terrified of it.I am going in for an early scan on Feb 4th (i'm only 1 week ahead of you) as I was on fertility drugs(clomid) so they just want to check that I'm carrying just one baby!If you go privately to the doc and not to the hospital then you should be able to ask the doc for a referral to get an ultrasound done early especially if you've had a miscarriage before, doc's understand pregnancy anxiousness!!Good luck and let us know how you go........... inkstick: :bluestick:

Thanks Kirsty,

Congratulations. Good luck for your ultrasound on the 4th will be thinking of you. Let me know how you go, you may have a nice suprise for us all. What are the chances of having twins? I have read that with fertility drugs the chances increase quite a bit, is that true?
    Twins would be great, but lots of hard work. One can be hard enough at times.
    Take care Leah

Hi Westy. I'm sure things will be just fine, don't worry. Just try to relax and enjoy the pregnancy. They can do scans this early on, which are internal. It's of great reassurance, and you might even be able to see the heartbeat!

GOOD LUCK!

Love gwenxx

hey there westy,
    good luck at your appointment,
    having never had a mc before i cant really comment on how it feels, but im pretty sure it would be normal to be worried.
    keep us updated with how your going

take care
    LEsley

Westy,

your feelings are completely normal. I have had 6 miscarraiges and even though I am passed the so called "danger period" with this current pg (I'm now 15 odd weeks), I still freak out - some days more than often. Now I'm in the period where the m/s is waning but I can't feel any movement.

Freaking out? I think you do it right through your pg after you have experienced miscarriages.

So your normal!!

Hayseed

Hey Westy,

Yep, as Hayseed said, your feelings are completely normal. After having a m/c it's no wonder that you are feeling a bit scared and anxious. You could definitely have a scan done this early. However, if you wait another week or two, until you are 7-8 weeks, then you will definitely be able to see the heartbeat which is always a very reassuring thing!

Wishing you all the best for a H&H pg!

Kirsty77 Guest

Sorry to butt in, but can you hear the heartbeat from this early?I am going for an early scan on feb 4th and I'll be exactly 9 weeks.Will I be able to listen to the heartbeat?Or can they just tell if the heart is beating.

Thanks

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Leah

God I hope its not twins, this is my first child and I think I'd like it to be just one!!!!Well if there is two in there I guess I'm not going back to work!!Makes me nauscous just thinking of being pregnant with twins!! 8-[

Just moved this to General Preg Discussion where it would be better suited

Love

Hey Kirsty, I think I've heard that if your doc has the more advanced internal u/s equipment then you can hear the HB from quite early on. But if it's just with a doppler then it's unlikely that you'd hear it at 9wks. Apparently a lot of docs won't even try the doppler until around 14wks or more. You will be able to see the heart beating on u/s @ 9wks though.

Good luck!

Melinda Guest

Kirsty, I had a scan when I was just over 6w and we saw our little baby and heard the heartbeat. I had an internal scan.

Westy, it really is totally normal to feel anxious. I have had 2 m/c and felt exactly the same way - I felt so frightened all the time!

layla Guest

Kirsty, the only way to tell if the heart is beating before 13-14 weeks is by ultrasound. Are you having one before 12 weeks?

Westy, you are perfectly normal to be worrying about something being wrong. Once we have suffered a loss it takes away the innocence and carefree-ness (sorry, I know that's not a word) of subsequent pregnancies.
    I had a m/c with my last pg and this time I am a total wreck. To make matters worse I've been spotting on and off the whole time. I've had 4 scans and the baby is fine but not a day goes by that I don't worry about losing this baby.
    If you like you would be very welcome to come and chat to us in the Pregnancy after M/C or Loss thread. We all know how you feel and we won't think you're silly if you freak out all the time. 8-[

Layla, sorry to hear of your losses. It's certainly going to be hard for you to be at ease through the pregnancy escpecially now that you are also spotting. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Kirsty, yes it would be nice to have one healthy bub first time around but hey twins would be just as nice- just double the work. Take care, talk to you soon.

Angel, as you said I think I will wait until around the 7-8 week mark before I get a scan done, that way i will be able to see the heartbeat. Can't wait. Thanks for that advice.

Tootie, glad to know it's not just myself who feels frightened. Isupose it's only natural isn't it. Wishing you all the best.

Leah, Good luck with your appointment, I haven`t had a m/c but I can imagine how terrified you must be.

Take Care

Deeanne

Thanks guys,

I have my first appt booked for next Monday at 1pm, I will let you know how we go.

Hi Leah,
    I just wanted to wish you the best of luck for your Dr's appt on Monday. :luck:

Take care,