Thread: anxious about alcohol

creido Guest

Unhappy anxious about alcohol

I've just found out I'm pregnant - I've been off the pill since January and until the last few weeks I've hardly drunk anything but recently I've had several rather boozy nights out.

I'm really nervous that I might have caused damage. Has anyone else been through the same? It's rather taken away the enjoyment of the news.

Creido - don't worry. I've heard soooooooo many stories here of girls who's fallen PG whilst on a bender and ALL their babies are perfectly happy and healthy! And ALL of my nieces and nephews were from a drunken romp in the sack and they're perfect!!! ROFL Your baby will be just fine, they're a lot tougher than you think! Time to enjoy the moment! Congratulations!!!

Celsie. xoxox

Hey creido,
    Congratulations!!

When i found out i was pregnant,i was already 14 weeks. Was a bit of a shock as u can guess.
    I had been doing a fair bit of partying at splendour in the grass the w/end b4 i found out. I just asked my doc if the drinking could of harmed my baby(i was also pretty stressed about it) he told me that when the foetus is that small it is pretty hard to harm it,unless u have been drinking & stuff like evryday.

I was happy with that, & now my baby is growing well & very healthy.
    I suggest u just ask ur doc if u have any real worries

clare076 Guest

Our Gp told us that if we had any trouble TTC, to go out and have a big drunken night, sure as bet you'll get knocked up! I think you would be surprised just how many babies are conceived during episodes of drunkeness and how many women have gotten quite intoxicated while in the early stages of pregnancy.

You can sure as guarantee, ask any maternity hospital their busiest time of year and it will be Sept/Oct thanks to all the drunken romps on New Years Eve

Your baby will be fine I promise

creido Guest

Default thanks everyone!

feel better already!!

I concieved Lexie last NYE after a VERY drunken night.........she was born about 10 days ago........she is PERFECT!

When I found out I was pregnant with Matilda I thought I was having the worst hangover ever!!! I had gone out of character the night before I found out & drank an entire bottle of red wine... I spent the next few weeks worried about it but as the midwife told me, what's done is done & now you just go & do the best for this baby and stress isn't best

When I found out I was pregnant with Emily I had just had a total blinder the weekend before that involved being out clubbing and having my last drink at 5am in the morning. I then continued to drink a few nights in the following week before realising that my period was 5 days late and that was kind of ...um...."unusual". I tested and I was pregnant, she is fine for the experience
    Try not to worry as others have said it happens ALOT.

As my OB says - the first few weeks are anaerobic (without oxygen) anyway and the blood supply is yet to attach to the mother. So .... no blood sharing, no alcohol sharing. But it makes for a very busy September / October!!!! Cheers!!

Just don't keep doing it

My best friend got quite 'tipsy" lol, at my wedding,,,,,she found out a few days later that she was 10 days pregnant. Her son is fine,,,,not a worry in the world. In fact, when they were inquiring into ivf for their 2nd baby, she was told that just before the transfer, she could have a glass of wine to settle her nerves if she liked.

Congratz on the pregnancy!

I've heard a million and eight stories of women not knowing they're pregnant for a couple of months and partying hard in that time only to give birth to perfect bubs!

I had about 5 glasses of wine and a wedding at day 15 DPO and did a pregnancy test 3 days later which was positive...a couple of months on, I'm not at all worried about that lovely evening. I'll just remember it as a really fun night with a few glasses of lovely wine! The next 2 weddings I went to each had excuses attatched. For the first one it was that I was apparently on antibiotics for bronchitis(!) and the next one was that we had to drive to a christening 90 mins away the next morning so I would be driving and not drinking...they all fell for it!

yep with DD1 I was in Scotland on my bday!! (i was about 2 weeks by this time, and didn't find out until 6 weeks) I had some big nights in that time. I was worried too until Doc calmed my nerves. I think also that getting pregnant on a big night has merit, it stops the couple "thinking" about getting pregnant, and you're more relaxed, so I can see that it happens that way all the time!
    Also I realised with my binges, bubs wouldn't have been attached to me at that time. However I don't think it makes much difference if they are, and it's not like you have a drink and the wholething goes straight to baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle71 View Post
    As my OB says - the first few weeks are anaerobic (without oxygen) anyway and the blood supply is yet to attach to the mother. So .... no blood sharing, no alcohol sharing. But it makes for a very busy September / October!!!! Cheers!!

Just don't keep doing it
    My doctor also told me this as well when I asked about it.
    The placenta is not even finished developing - let alone fully functioning - at that early stage, and the baby is not connected to your blood supply.
    HTH you feel a little better