Thread: anyone eles getting headaches??????

alex c Guest

Default anyone eles getting headaches??????

hi girls i was just wondering if any of you guys are suffering bad headaches?i am getting one almost every second day....what can i take for it...im also noticing abit of blood from my nose is this normal????? :-k

I tried to post almost the exact same question the other day, but debug mode wouldn't let me! So I asked in the March Buddies, and found out everyone else was getting headaches too

Yes, I've been getting headaches. Apparently the increasing blood volume can cause headaches and nosebleeds. I'm half blaming my sinuses tho, in this windy spring weather.

You can take panadol safely. I tried not to take too much, I was just taking it b4 bed and perhaps again thru the day.

Mine have eased up now tho, so I hope your headaches don't hang around too long.

Panadols are completely fine, and if they're really bad you can safely take the occasional Panadeine also. My doc suggetsed 1 panadol/1panadeine together every 6 hours and this worked for me. Good luck!

ohhhhhh this has been bugging me too. I think mine is a combination of hormones and darn hayfever. Ive been doing facial massage and reflexology to ease it.. trying to avoid panadol as much as possible as it doesnt seem to do much for me.

Ive been sneezing so much since I found out I was pregnant. I think the constant sneezing is not helping with the nose blood, I guess the vessals are weak in my nose from all the sneezing!

So tired yesterday and today again, I am so glad its Friday and I cant go home tonight and relax with a glass of sparkling apple cider!

PrincessT - I had bad hayfever and sinus pain also, and my doc said Phenergan (over counter at chemist) was safe to take. It makes you very drowsy though so only use it at night. I found it worked better than my old hayfever stuff, and it actually helped my m/s also which was a dtrange but very welcome side effect!!

Hey there All

I've suffered from headache and migraine for what seems like forever and unfortunately in pregnancy it seems to only have increased it somewhat. #-o

I use Lavendar oil on my temples and the back of my head - this seems to eleviate the pain - especially during the evening or at 4am when i wake with a tension headache - if that doesn't work I then move onto the Panadol - but try and avoid using it frequently - I feel a tad guilty..... 8-[

Otherwise drinking litres and litres of Water helps flush the system and keeps you hydrated....

Here's hoping that these horrible headaches leave town.... [-o<

dianna

Mumof42B Guest

Headaches, yep heaps of them and nosebleeds, and sinus, just some of the joys. Funny though I didn't get any of these (or the m/s) with my others.

Hi Alex

Like the other March girls, I started getting headaches after the 12/13 week mark, every 2nd day or so. I didn't take Panadol as it doesn't usually do me much good and I figured I'd try and avoid all medications. I went and had a massage and visited my chiro and after that they eased somewhat. I read somewhere that tiger balm on the temples can also help.

Hope they clear up soon!

#-o #-o #-o
    I didnt know we could take anything other than panadol!

Omg Ive been suffering with severe sinus for 6 months I forget what its like to breathe through my nose.

Phernergan is excellent ... Im so pleased we can take it. (Perhaps I should have asked earlier instead of just assuming)

Thankyou for this thread and the advice!

Anything in the Panadol range (Panadol, Panadeine & Panadeine Forte) are safe (Group A) for pregnant woman, of course stronger than Panadol really should be taken under a GP's direction. I was suffering from terrible headaches and M/S early and I was given subscriptions for both Panadeine Forte & Maxolon to treat them.

Some sinus nasal sprays are also fine to use during pregnancy as well, they certainly alleviate the pressure.

I really sympathise with you girls suffering from headaches, with Matthew I had constant headaches right throughout first trimester and into the early weeks of 2nd, they were constant and would not let up at all, go to bed with them, wake up with them it was so awful.

I wish I knew I could have taken something other then Panadol.

Ali Guest

Great to see this thread, I wish I had known I wasn't alone when pregnant with my 2. I worked full time thru both pregnancies and the sinus headaches almost killed me! ](*,)
    Another suggestion is to try a head "steam bath" with a few drops of eucalytpus or Karvol. My OB also put me onto a hayfever nasal spray called Rhinocort which is a preventative medication for hayfever/sinus.

I thought the rhinocort instructions said not to use when pregnant because it contains steroids? I might be wrong. (perhaps I'm thinking of the prescription rhinocort, not the one you can now get over the counter).

But I've just been using Fess nasal spray. It's just a saline solution, you can use as much as you want, as often as you want. I find it helps to keep things a bit cleaner, and it's preventing infections. I often get sinus headaches and infections, but I think constantly using this is keeping it at bay.

Together with panadol of course! I'd be an absolute mess if I couldn't take panadol. But I am stretching it so I'm not taking too much.