Thread: Babies gender at 12 and a half weeks ? ?

Default Babies gender at 12 and a half weeks ? ?

Hey Ladies
    I had my 12 and a half week scan not long ago ( the dreaded vaginal one grrr )... and the doctor told me was certain he could see female sex-organs ... is it possible to tell so early?? Because I've accidently gone and announced to everyone Im having a daughter .. Anyone else found out so early ??

Thanks !

My friend found out she was having a girl at 14 weeks.

They usually wont tell you this early as there is still a large margin for error. But if your sonographer was certain... then thats a good sign!

Although at my 13 weeks scan I begged and begged the sonographer to tell me what she *guessed* it was, she said Boy, and this was confirmed at my next scan!

WOW - thats really early. How great for you to know! from what I understand, if they are going to get it wrong, its usually the "boy" is actually a girl, cause apparently the umbilical cord can trick them. If the sonographer thinks its a girl, thats probably pretty true.
    What do you think it is??

Fi

Hi Enigma

That is very early. Up until about 14 weeks it is very difficult th tell the sex of a baby. The sex organs do not usually start to delveope in male/female until somewhere around 10 weeks. However, like everything it is possable for one baby to develope faster that what i considered 'normal' (I hate that word but dont know another one to fit).

Just remember, prior to about 10 weeks the genitalia look the same on both male and female

Melinda Guest

We found out at 16w.

Next appointment is at 16 weeks... so we'll see , I had a feeling it was a boy , but Ive started to believe its a girl now.. so who knows , who knows ... as long as its healthy - im happy

I have heard if the sonographer is very experienced he can tell the sex of bubs as early as 12 weeks. I will be dying to know how you get on for your 16 week scan.

Good luck.

My sister recently found out she was having a boy at her 12 week scan. Then at her 18 week scan she was told it was a girl!! So I guess it's not 100%. However, they say it never is 100%. Just double check at the next scan! ox