Thread: Baby Shower Gifts

Nikki Guest

Default Baby Shower Gifts

Hi Girls,

A lot of you girls are having baby showers. So I thought I would ask my question here.

I have been invited to a baby shower at the end of the month but I don't think I will be going. I still want to send a gift but a bit undecided what to get.
    They haven't found out the sex, so it is even harder.

What gifts did you or you would have liked to receive?

I was thinking of sending her a nappy cake or a bouquet of socks & singlets (it's made to look like a bunch of flowers).

Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated.

The bouquet of socks and singlets sounds like a great idea!

Other things like bunny rugs, bibs, nursing pads, baby wipes etc you can never have too much of.

I think its nice when people put together a compilation of little useful items.

The bouquet of socks and singlets...........I recieved on of those when Olivia was born........gorgeous!

I have just bought a friend of mine a baby shower gift.......a mobile to hang over a cot, in really bright colours.........

definitely the boquet of singlets etc is awesome if you can't attend yourself. But for baby showers I goto. I put together a small parcel of all the little things, like wipes, bottle, lotions etc etc all the stuff that will be used.

Love

We recieved a bouquet of socks as well, it was just gorgeous! I think that would make a great gift...

I also agree that the toiletries stuff comes in really handy. I was given one of everything at my baby shower, and I have not finished up a single tube or bottle yet (shampoo, nappy rash cream etc)

I was just thinking about this, and what I would like to receive is stuff for my labour bag. Sounds silly I know, but I pretty much have most of the baby stuff organised, and what would be really good is some stuff for the "big day". Like maybe a sarong, or some cute socks, maybe a nice hair tie, or some special munchy foods. Even practical things like nice toiletries for the hospital stay.
    I think maybe we forget to think about the mothers - and if you aren't too clucky that you WANT to buy baby stuff, maybe something for mum might be nice?
    Fi

Nikki Guest

Thanks girls, you have been a great help.

Fi - I never thought of getting practical gifts for the mummy.

I might make up a parcel of little baby & mummy things & send her the bouquet once bubs is born. That way I know what colours to get the bibs & socks in.