Thread: Backache in Early Pregnancy

Default Backache in Early Pregnancy

Has anyone else experienced lower back ache early in pregnancy? It's freaking me out a little! Is it normal? Thanks Girls

ooohh Ally, i so know where you are coming from, my lower back is killing me, but i didnt think it was normal either! But im guessing it is!
    my lower back, my boobs, growing pains and m/s!!! aaarrrrggggg
    but i will take anything atm just to know things are going ok!

oh and my calves get really sore too! Do yours?

He he he, Naomi, I am glad you feel at ease about the backache now too I guess it is normal!....The calve pain I dont have....Is it aching or pain? Either way hun, I would talk to your Doc about that one, just to put your mind at ease.

Hi Girls
    Back pain is normal and very common.
    Naomi
    If the pain in your calf is a sharp stabbing pain and is more painful when you bend your foot up then you should get it checked out. Another thing to check is if your calf is hot where the pain is.

I had backpain early on in this pregnancy... I freaked out thinking it was only going to get worse from there. But, I havent had anything since. Only yesterday my hips started to hurt when I was going to sleep. Nothing too bad atm though.

Thanks for your re assurance Alan, I was concerned about back ache in early pregnancy, but as you say it's common, so I am at ease now! Thankyou

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

There is an article on the main site about ailments in pregnancy which explains the whats and whys: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/pregnancy
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Just try and keep active as much as you can, even just going for a walk, cause it will only get worse as your pregnancy progresses (well mine did anyway) A hot shower always helped me ... that would explain the $200 gas bill for 2 months!!!

Thanks Kelly!

Yep Ally - i get the back pain too !

Hi Rae! Glad to see yur back Feeling better? I love your avatar belly! Its cute...

hehehe well im glad its all normal, the pain in my calves are more like aching pains, propbably from standing on my feet all day at work. Although they really havnt hurt to much last couple of days, but man do my boobs hurt!!! crikies think its time me got a NO WIRE maternity bra, frigging hell and they are HUGE!! im a D to a DD and they are starting to bust out my DD bras OMG!!!!!
    Does this ever stop!!! LMAO