Thread: Bad cramping at 5+ weeks

Default Bad cramping at 5+ weeks

Hello,
    I know this has been discussed before, but my cramps are really quite bad, so bad I have to have the day off work!

I have been to the doctor, who seems baffled at the severity, and puts it down to a tummy bug. However even though the cramping is very similar, and have had some visits to the loo, I KNOW these cramps are like AF cramps, really strong too - almost like contractions with wave-like patterns that come and go about 4-5 times a day. The doc is not too concerned unless it is accompanied by bleeding, but I am just not convinced.

My HcG levels were 4200 at 5 weeks, and 16000 at 5+4 weeks, so that appears to be normal. I am having another blood test tomorrow and one Friday. However, I am sick, crampy, and in pain most of the day. It helps to exercise or sit on the loo for a while, but that is hard when I have a desk job!

I have a scan this Saturday, so hopefully that will show bubba where it is meant to be, and the cramps will disappear (*praying*),

Has anyone else experienced this level of pain?

goodluck with ur scan.. i had something similar at 6 weeks and they thought i was having an ectopic preg turns out there was nothing wrong and they were baffled as to why i had been in so much pain...

Hey Nonie,
    When did the pain go away for you?

Pregnancy pains are weird things aren't they. I had a similar pain to that your describing at 5wks however it was accompanied with lots of bleeding. My Ob couldn't tell me at that stage why I was experiencing pain and bleeding other than to say it was a threatened miscarriage. I had lots of blood tests and scans and I'm pleased to say fortunately Gussyboy was a sticky and managed to hold in there. He is now 19months old.

went away at like 7 weeks but i still get cramps on and off but its not as bad anymore

I've had lots a crampy type pains this pg. I was a bit concerned as I didn't have any with #1 or #2. I just put it down to implantation? Or things just settling down with #3 being onboard. They've gone over the last couple of days.

Hope everything goes ok for your scan on Saturday.

Dragonbub I just wanted to pop in and say I hope all goes well with the scans and tests and the pain eases for you really soon.

Dragonbub, I had pretty savage pains, like a really really strong period cramp, with a bit of nausea and dizziness thrown in. It seemed to be related to my bowel somehow (there were several patterns of when the pain would come on - just after a bowel motion, for example). *TMI Alert* I was having difficulty passing wind, and then all of a sudden, after 6.5 weeks, I felt something "move" inside, and suddenly it all passed. No more problems.

I hope all goes well and this is just a passing thing and you too feel better soon!

mazzie Guest

I'm having these pains too, and haven't been to the doctor yet. I'm about 7 weeks.

I will go this week and make sure I mention it.. I didn't realise it could be serious- A few of my friends who've had babies said they had period pain at the start.

I get really bad pains I thought it was my uterus but turned out to just be digestive pains. Try not to stress it makes things worse lol

Elle Guest

I have similar type of pain and it appears to be related to bowel. Have you had IBS before? It could also be pg vitamins. I have had to go off mine for a few days so bowel settles. I am having an u/s on Friday also just to make such mine not ectopic. I hope it settles down for you