Thread: Belly Belt

Default Belly Belt

Hi Ladies

Well yesterday I put on one of my 3/4 cargo pants (one which I thought I`d still have plenty of room in), my problem is I seem to be bursting over the waist band, they`re not going too last much longer if belly keeps growing.

So ladies can you tell me where the best place is to buy a Belly Belt from?? I know maternity clothes will look absolutely stupid on me at the moment so thought it was time to purchase a Belly Belt now so I have it here when my clothes are just too tight

Take Care

Deeanne

I got mine from Bras N Things and I love it. The only thing is you need longish tops so you can't see where your jeans/pants are undone!

Hey Deeane,
    I totally dont get the whole belly thing! Mine has been expanding at a great rate and the baby is only the size of a matchbox!!
    On the plus side, BB seem to be a little smaller today. Hope thats OK! I've been feeling a little funny since Thursday night.
    Anyway - Bra's and Things like Sarah says - I was there last week, adn I think they do a box of three for $30 odd? I think they come in three colours and different sizes, and I think you can get them now with a slide rather than a button - might be good for work pants.
    Good luck!

Debbie Lee Guest

I've seen belly-belts at Target too. I dunno if I am going to bother with them though. I think I will be in maternity clothes pretty soon anyway!
    I could probably comfortably wear them before I was even preggers!

Thank you ladies

Know I`m not sure what to do as I only have a couple of blouses which would cover the zippers so I`d have to go out and buy long t shirts and long t shirts aren`t the in thing for me. Something else for me to ponder what to do.

Fi - I know what you mean, I don`t understand how I can have a belly either when I`m just over 8 weeks and bubs is only 1.5 cms in length. My Mum told me I wouldn`t pop until 12 weeks so I don`t know anymore, perhaps it`s because there wasn`t much of me before in the tummy area but still makes me wonder how?????

Take Care

Deeanne

I've heard Deanne if you are short you show faster... Also as your uterus grows all of your other bits & pieces have to move around to accommodate - so maybe thet's where we getting the bellies from?!

One thing I did yo avoid buying long new blouses for work for a while was I got some longer singlets to wear underneath that would cover the zip. It was good in winter anyway, but they don't cover my zip enough anymore 8-[

I know I have had really bad cramps for the last 9 weeks, and apparently some of that has to do with muscle expansion! Also, I hav found I can't hold my tummy in anymore, like a sit-up?? It hurts too much, so I'm wondering if maybe that has something to do with it as well.
    I almost took off my undies at work today - they were way too tight across my tummy and I was nearly screaming!! I decided I could persevere though, I guess thos undies now get relegated to the bottom drawer :smt022 Damn. They were nice ones!!

Hi Sarah and Fi

I`m 5'7" so being short wouldn`t be my answer, I have always weighed between 48 and 50 kgs but since getting married I have increased to a huge 55kg!!!! Which I don`t mind in the least, DH always keeps reminding me I was far too thin before as to why I don`t know why as I have always eaten well.

I haven`t suffered from too many cramps like you Fi, but did have a mild cramp which lasted Sunday and part of yesterday on the left side of my belly, I put it down to the uterus stretching as I was aware it was there but wasn`t really painful until I sneezed - found out I had to hold my tummy at the same time. As for trying to hold my tummy in, it doesn`t move much at all.

Looks like your off to buy new undies Fi

Take Care

Deeanne

Bespoke Image Guest

The problem with belly belts is that they don't come in black.

As far as how fast you pop out - it's to do with lots of things:

First or subsequent pregnancies (you get bigger second plus times around - already stretched)
    How long your body is - you can be short with a long body and so hardly get big at all, or tall with a short body (especially if you're short waisted) and so will pop out quickly as there is nowhere else for the baby to go.

I'm only 4 weeks and already I can feel that my waist is bigger and the waistbands on all my clothes are starting to hurt me.

My belly belt is black.... The belt part is black & comes with 3 panels, a black, white & blue deminish one.

Bought mine today! Work trousers were getting too tight last week! I got three panels and three straps for about $30. I think you could make other panels if you wanted to - you could even get them to match your clothes perfectly. They are just a patch of fabric!

Bespoke Image Guest

I always looked at the boxes and they just seemed to be denim or camel in colour - and since most of my pants are black I never looked any closer - I'll have to have a proper squizz now. Do you need to wear long tops over them (as in maternity tops).

Yeah, you do need longer tops to cover it up. With the smallest ne you can get away with it, but as you can't do your zipper up anymore (I haven't been able to for weeks!) you need to get longer shirts. I got a few long singlets for Big W and wore them under my normal shirts for a while, doing the whole layered look but it just doesn't work anymore