thread: Belly Hair

BellyBelly Member

Jun 2005
    Tasmania

Belly Hair

Ok Im told it is normal BUT! just wanted to check how common it is I have fine hairs all over my tummy and below my belly button they are quite dark anyone else have this. The doc said it is caused by the change in hormones and will fall out after the birth

BellyBelly Life Member

Jul 2004
    House of the crazy cat ladies...

yup, I had that happen to me too Becky... though unluckily for me they havent all fallen out yet!! ](*,)

BellyBelly Life Member

Nov 2003

Me too! They are falling out though I think as they're not so noticable anymore.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

Me too! Have a look here on another discussion we had on body hair

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2005
    Happy Valley, Adelaide

I got them below my belly button in first tri, then in 3rd tri started getting them between belly button and boobs. Not lots - quite fine and sparse, but very strange to see!

If you don't wax or shave them they should go away, but I know people who have tried to get rid of them end up just stimulating more growth, so it's better to just ignore it!

Mar 2005
    G.Waverley

Yeah, I had them too, SEXY HEY!!!!

Lee-Ann Guest

Yep I have them too, I only just commented to my doctor about it recently saying I didn't realise I was so hairy. Then I remembered feeling like that with my last 2 pregnancies and it does go away once bubs is born. I recently also read in a magazine it's due to hormones.

Custardtart Guest

Most women have this during pregnancy, it's extremely common.

Kerrie

Aug 2004
    Hunter Valley, Wine Country, NSW

Yes, happened to me too

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2005
    Limestone Coast, SA

Hi mitch

i already have a hairs all over my tummy that are a bit darker than usual, they are probably not noticable to any one else, but i can definately notice them now, i have heard that they go away after the baby is born, they aren't very attractive are they!!

angel_eyes Guest

I've only just noticed this since yesterday, they aren't overly dark but all over my lower tummy.

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2005
    Cronulla

Just wondering - I was of the belief from Old Wives Tales that if you are hairier in pregnancy that you were likely to have a boy - just wondering is there any truth in this and has anyone experienced both hairy and non-hairy pregnancies resulting in Boy and Girl babies - hmmmmmmmm it has me wondering now..... :-k

dianna

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2005
    Vic

Hi,

Yes i have a hairy belly too! Sexi huh! \/ NOT

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2004
    Inner West, Sydney

Yep i got them too and i just checked and they are all gone!!