Thread: Belly has shrunk

Default Belly has shrunk

I'm sure everything is fine but I'm slightly concerned my belly has shrunk a bit. I'm 8 weeks, and had started to develop a little bump but it appears to shrunk a bit, still there but I can notice it smaller when I run my hand over my belly. I've had no bleeding, cramping to suspect a mc but just has me slightly worried. Has anyone else felt this happened to them?

It is possible that you have just been retaining fluid, making it look like you have a belly. It isn't very often that you get a noticeable belly this early on that is there all the time - it will fluctuate even in the later stages too as you drink fluids, eat, baby has a growth spurt etc. Even in the hot weather you can retain more fluid too, making you look bigger than what you are.

I know it's easy to say(!), but I wouldn't be too concerned ATM. Even at 19 weeks my belly definitely changes from day to day. Some days it's bigger than others. I know I had a little bump at 8 weeks too, but don't forget that your baby is only very tiny at this point, so it's more likely to be bloating and fluid causing the bump, as Sherie said. I know I was quite bloated.

As long as you don't have any cramping or bleeding, try not to worry, and make the most of having a flat tummy while you can LOL!

bridee
    It would be very unusual for your tummy to swell due to pregnancy at this early stage. I dont think that a flatter tummy at 8 weeks is anything to worry about

Bridee - Alan is right.

If you usually bloat in the second half of your cycle then it's pretty likely that the change you are noticing is a reduction in your bloating as the non-bloating hormones take over from the bloating ones.