Thread: belly rings

Talking belly rings

what are ppl doing about this? i was told the midwives will probably ask me to take it out but i know there are other options like getting a long one or putting some flexible plastic in there... when will it be time to do something about it any ideas? coz my belly is already getting bigger i wouldn't want it to rip out or something... what is everyone else doing? does anyone else even have one lol i make it sound like everyone in the world has one!!!

Apparently there are maternity belly rings (but I don't have one so I can't be sure )

I think it's Natalie at her Hot Pash shop. www.hotpash.com (I'm hoping I can put in the address for you cause she's a bellybelly marketplace member. )

When I had DD - 9 years ago - they didn't have them. I just took it out and got it repierced. With DS, I just took it out and decided if I wanted to redo it, I would. Fortunately when he was over 12mths old I had a look and I could get the bar back thru it.

My sister in law just had a baby and she had a belly ring. She just had to go to the piercers and get extensions thats all. Any piercer will be able to help you. Hers was in the entire way through. Hope that helps, Jac

I bought one on eBay to put in when I get bigger. It was about $8 from memory and was a plastic bar that you could cut to size with plastic balls on the ends. Just serch on eBay for pregnancy and piercing and include searching in the description.

wow thanks for all the replies guys will have to think about it

Hello, yes I sell the maternity bars. Thanks Rachel Mine are imported from the US and have a PFTE shaft which is nickel free. You can cut it down to whatever length you require, but make sure you re-sterilise it. They are self threading as well, so if you do cut it, the ball just threads right back on where you want it to.

HTH

Nat xx

When I was prg with my DD I just left my normal one in (it's a banana bar with a ball on etiher end). The midwives would ask me 'when are you taking that out' and I'd say 'if and when it gets uncomfortable'. It never did so I just left it and it was fine, I never took it out.

I think for those people who's belly buttons don't 'pop' (mine didn't, stayed exactly the same) it's not an issue.

I had to end up taking mine out all together. I did go to the piercing shop and get a maternity one, but because I am little and stretched lots I literally have like a flat surface so even that got too unbearable for me.

mmm i am pretty small too just have to wait n c i guess

I have been wondering this too! With my last 2 pgs my belly button didn't pop out, it just went flat. I didn't have my piercing then. A gf was able to leave hers in. If you wait till it gets uncomfortable (assuming it does) will it be too late to switch to a maternity bar? Also, what about c-secs?

i had a friend and she left hers in and the hole is all streached now and looks really bad she now wishes she would have took it out but it is a personal choice

I'm nearly 20 wks and I still have my original belly ring in - banana bell - and its still looking pretty good! I am planning to buy one of the maternity rings off Natalie. Not too sure if my belly button is going to pop..

lira i have a friend who took hers out and that happened lol i guess it just depends

Whoever asked about c-sections, Im pretty sure you are not allowed to have any metal on your body in theatre.

So in that case, I would make sure I had a plastic one in JIC

My belly button didn't pop, it just felt really stretched where the bar went through. I took it out at 24wks with DD and 22wks with DS - he was a much better bubby.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyJ View Post
    I have been wondering this too! With my last 2 pgs my belly button didn't pop out, it just went flat. I didn't have my piercing then. A gf was able to leave hers in. If you wait till it gets uncomfortable (assuming it does) will it be too late to switch to a maternity bar? Also, what about c-secs?
    Mine was getting too tight and was getting a bit inflamed so the lady at the piercing shop actually changed it for me (no charge except for the maternity piercing) but she did think that I wouldn't be able to leave it in the whole way through and well...she was right. My hole hasn't stretched and I can still see it so time will tell if I can put it back in again without re-piercing it! As for c/s, I would think the same as Danni cos I think you have to take all jewellry off from memory. I think I had to take earrings etc out.