Thread: Is Berocca OK?

furkids Guest

Default Is Berocca OK?

Hello,
    I am suffering shocking morning sickness (all day / all night nausea) and the worst part of my day begins at about 4pm. I struggle to eat dinner and spend all evening feeling unwell and unhappy being pg. Someone suggested I try a Berocca around then to pick me up.
    So is this ok for bubs? It doesnt say anything about pregnant women avoiding it on the packet.

It is OK in pregnancy..........BUT..............it is a huge hit of concentrated VitB, which in some women can give mood swings/feeling "low".......

I was always fine taking Beroca in my pre-pregnant days (in fact I took it fairly regularly for hangovers, LOL!) and it never made me feel low or depressed, but in pregnancy it really made me feel shockingly miserable.

Upon investigation with my MIL (a dietician), she explained that becasue it is such a massive hit of VitB (around 20 times more than the RDI) along with pregnancy hormones, it can affect some women like this.

But it is safe for pregnant women in terms of no effect to baby at all.......All VitB vitamins are water soluble vitamins, so you can't "overdose" as such on VitB, all excesses will come out via urine.

Like Emma says though, always best to check with your Dr/Ob/Midwife.......

HTH........

Berocca is OK during pregnancy

Berroca was the only thing that helped ease my m/s as well as my 2pm slump in the 1st semester.

The vitamin B was excellent for healping ease the morning sickness.

i used berocca with my morning sickness as well, it worked wonders for me, and was easy to drink as well.

wishing you all the best.