Thread: Big Shock

Smile Big Shock

ok got a big shock last night my partner came home from work everything was normal until he said.............................................. ...................ok lets tell our family this weekend starting with j friday night then my dad and sis saturday and then your mum sunday!
    I was so shocked i didnt know what to do or where to look lol,so i am getting really nervous about telling j what if he does not lke the idea!
    I am not nervous about telling Bryces dad but i am his sister she has never really liked me but as Bryce said last night stuff her we have been together nearly three years i think its about time.
    Oh ladies butterflies big time,but atleast now i can start enjoying the fact that i am pregnant.

thats awsome hun!! it feels great to get it out in the world. I wanted to wait till 12 weeks but DP couldnt keep his mouth shut he was just too excited lol

SugarDust Guest

good luck hun i hope J takes it well! get him to help pick things out for the baby

Good Luck sweetie!

You'll see how much of a relief it will be once you have told a few people and then everyone will start pampering you

I mean you guys have been together 3 years so I can't see why they should not be thrilled for you and your man! And if they aren't tell them to get a life

BEST OF LUCK and let us know how you went!

StephV Guest

Just remember, the baby isn't about them.

Enjoy telling people, I sure did!

Ooh how exciting that you are starting to tell people!! I didn't have to call a lot of people, I just called my MIL and she managed to tell everyone in Perth within a few minutes, hahaha...

hey ladies well as of this minte i just got of phone with the last of my family and went well.
    Everyone from my side so happy for us,Bryces sister was a bit funny but she can kiss my butt,have had a few odd comments from some people but the main ones i care about the most have been happy my mum started crying the poor we thing.
    Josh won player of the day in his rugby game so we had double the news.

hows it all going?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollye View Post
    thats awsome hun!! it feels great to get it out in the world. I wanted to wait till 12 weeks but DP couldnt keep his mouth shut he was just too excited lol
    That sounds like me. Not sure how long I'll last. What's with the 12 weeks anyway?

Oh wow thats awesome, congrads, ppl will start buying you pressies now. my mum went crazy as soon as she found out (we told her straight away at 5 weeks. lol)

Hi Bushman Pat,

After 12 weeks, the rates for miscarriage drops considerably and you usually have your down syndrome scan back telling you hopefully that all is right with the baby. Basically, the suggestion is that the more people you tell the good news, the more people you will also have to tell should you lose the baby and that can be very hard, especially when you are having a really hard time already dealing with the loss. Think about it if your lady goes to the supermarket, runs into a neighbour who knew you were pregnant and ask how the baby is going and your lady ends up in tears, etc.. I am sure you get my meaning. It is a personal choice to tell or not to tell.

For us, we just had our 9 week scan and told our family over the week-end as our OB said that it was looking really good but not telling anyone else until we get the results from the down syndrome scan. We also told our best friends as we were part of their wedding party and had to bail out since our due date is 14 days from their wedding.

Good luck