Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a bit scared..........HELP :(

Unhappy

Last edited by M22; August 11th, 2016 at 11:09 PM.

i'm sorry honey I have no idea what the symptoms are for lysteria but go to see your doc if you are concerned....
    Good luck and I hope everything is ok... big HUGS and lots and lots of sticky vibes
    xoxoxoxo

Don't panic, I ate things like that with all 3 pgs accidentally and it was fine. Check with your GP if you are concerned.

thanks girls- i am just so scared that things might go wrong that i'm detaching myseld from this baby and i don't want to but i can't help it.

maybe ALAN??- midwife?? any advice??

I think you should call your DR & mention it as it is stressing you & it's not good to be stressing...

However I have eaten ham, soft cheeses & all is fine... I mentioned it to my OB & she didnt say anything!??

Listeria is pretty rare and it depends on the conditions the ham was kept. If it was kept well you should be fine. Maybe read the listeria article on the BB site for more info. I agree with the other girls to go to the doctor for piece of mind.

I know my Dr said in 20 years she's never seen a case of listeria. I also ate cold meats, lots of brie, and my friend had smoked salmon (and I had macca's shakes...totally forgot) I think everyone has at least something they are not meant to. Don't panic, just ask Doc if concerned. Enjoy your pregnancy, unfortunately there always seems to be something to worry about!! xo

I had 2 lots of mixed sandwiches from Gloria Jeans with ham in it a week or so ago. Although I did think **** once I realized, I made a decision not to worry about it. I read up on Listera and the cases in Australia are SO SO minimal. Please donít stress yourself! We have all done something we werenít 'meant' to during our pregnancy

thank you - my next scan is probably not untill 20 weeks as i have just had my 12 week NT scan >Might see if i can sneak one in before then.

pleae be okay bubby

my dr said his friend is an ob and has been practising for 20 years and has not seen one case of listeria!!! so from what i understand it is pretty rare and lots of women still eat cold meats through their pregnancy without any trouble... also listeria is like food poisoning if u had it i am pretty sure u would feel violently ill not just a warm feeling iukwim? if your really worried i am sure ur dr could help u out with any symptoms u are getting but i am sure all will be fine

Hi Princess
    You would have to be very unlucky to catch listeria from eating a couple of sandwiches. What you need to do is consider the following, did the sandwich look fresh, did the bar look clean and well run, how many sandwiches did you eat.
    Symptoms of listeria infection will occur 2 Ė 6 weeks after contamination. The first symptom are usually flu like symptoms however some people will not have any symptoms. I would suggest a chat with your GP as it is easy to treat with antibiotics. (usually ampacillin and gentamycin).

thank you heaps al and noni do you think the warm feeling i had it jsut my uterus stretching or somthing like that??

i am just so paranoid about this baby dying and me not knowing

Princess I completely understand being nervous about your baby dying. Please try to remember that there is only about 20 cases Australia wide of stillbirth by Listeria a year. I eat ham and cooked chickens from delis regularly and my baby is perfectly fine. Sometimes it's okay to eat these meats if they are fresh and you trust the source.

Here are some numbers for you:-
    In 2002 there were 2,500 cases of listeria in ther USA
    America is a big place with millions of people
    Listeria infection is not that common

yeah how many weeks are you? i have had the warm feeling before didn't think much of it lol theres so many feelings and symptoms to get used to!!!!

i'm nearly 13 weeks - my ticker is pretty accurate and i had my 12 week scan on monday.

Are you about 10 weeks Non???

lol no only 8 weeks and one day and it is going slow!!!!!

IKWYM- i jsut seem to be hanging out for each scan!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast