Thread: Bizarre questions

JoJo Guest

Default Bizarre questions

Yes some strange questions but I cant seem to find the answers in books....

1. Can you have acrylic/gel nails whilst pregnant? I am 10.5 week pg and am a bridesmaid in 3 weeks and I know the bride is keen on nice long nails. Any thoughts?

2. Cleaning products - gorgeous man is driving me crazy saying not to clean the house but i'm looking at lots of dirty bathrooms etc and keen to get in and tackle them butnot sure if cleaning products are bad for you.....

3. Skin - my skin seems to have reverted to my teenage years and broken out!! joy joy (and yes just before being bridesmaid at a wedding...). Does anyone have any good tips on how to clear it? i'm off for a facial today hoping to draw them out and kill them LOL but not sure how successful it will be :-)

thanks all

Not sure about the nils thing. I assume they are fine but maybe its the glue you use that you have to be careful not to inhale so maybe keep close to a window

Cleaning products : with my first pg my dh was also saying no don't clean this or that.. With all my og he always cleaned the bathroom as it isn't as well ventialted.. Just make sure you don't use heaps of chemicals and keep well ventilated

and the 3rd one I have no idea. I asssume all would be fine..

hey, acrylic nails are fine, but really face the other way and try not to inhale the fumes. You can always ask them for a face mask if you're worried

with the cleaning products, its fine to use, but again try not to inhale any strong chemical fumes.

And the facial should work well for you. Make sure you cleanse your face and moisturise daily and do an exfoliating scrub or similar atleast once a week. it will definitely help

I work with acetone in a laboratory and was told when I was pregnant not to breathe it in as it causes fetal defects so as a precaution I would definatly ask to sit in a well ventalated area of the shop and maybe wear a mask just to look different
    Bec

Not silly questions at all!

1) As far as I know, having a manicure is safe. Haven't one myself when pg, but considering that nail techs continue to work when pg, I wouldn't think it would be problem. At the end of the day, it's up to you. Only do it if you feel comfortable, if you don't the bride will just have to get over it! Yes, wearing a mask is a good idea!

2) Be careful of what cleaning products you inhale. As long as you're using basic products in a well-ventilated area you should be okay, but I personally avoid things like scrubbing the shower, cos you're more likely to inhale the stuff. Make sure you wear gloves etc. I think the only one to avoid is oven-cleaner, that can be pretty toxic. Everything else should be okay, I'm sure plenty of pg still scrub the shower, I jsut like any excuse not to LOL!

3) A facial should be fine, BUT make sure you tell the therapist that you are pg!!!! Yes, yucky skin can be one of those pg joys. Stick to a healthy diet, the crap you eat comes out in your skin. Make sure you cleanse blah blah blah regularly. Drink lots of water. Haven't got any other tips, other than make sure you have a good make-up artist for the wedding LOL! And enjoy your facial

JoJo Guest

Thanks all, very helpful and always good to hear peoples responses. I am the make-up artist at the wedding as well as the bridesmaid so i'll cake it on in all the right places I hope (if I don't run out of time after doing everyone else and end up make-upless for the day...LOL)

False nails are fine, I use them and nail varnish all the time. However, the smell makes me feel a bit funny so I've not used them as often as I normally do during pregnancy. Make sure if this happens you can leave the room and go outside to breathe for a bit.

Bleach makes me feel really ill, so I just cannot use that, but use all other products with no problem. Again, make sure you're well ventilated or teach your man how to do it! (Yeah, that didn't work for me either.)

Skin - I found mine was quite bed in the first trimester, but was fine for the second and third; it's only now I'm overdue that it's started to get bad again. But you can always use tee-tree oil or witch hazel gels on your spots to clear them up.

Good luck and enjoy being a bridesmaid!

Nails are fine, I had mine done every 3wks throughout my pregnancy. Two of the three nail girls at the shop I go to are currently pregnant & neither wear masks, one is high risk & her ob has said there is no problem at all.