Thread: bleeding??

Default bleeding??

hi

Last week I found out I was pg. (yeah) and so far I have had morning sickness, tiredness and all the good stuff.... but on thursday i started to show a small amount of bleeding , brown in colour and only after i went to the loo. It stopped by thurs. avro but i went to the dr and she has sent me for blood tests evey second day to see if my h.g levels are rising... i found out tueday morning if this pg. is viable... a long wait..

Has eveyone else had this?

Amy, I'm really feeling for you right now, I really hope it all works out and you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. ((hugs)) please take care of yourself and do something nice to help you cope over the next couple of days.

Amy - hoping you get the results you long for on tuesday, I have know a few ladies (my sil is one), who had bleeding in the early stages of pregnancy and they have gone on to deliver beautiful term babies. for you hon.

Hi Amy
    I am just over 6 weeks pregnant and about two weeks ago had a small amount of bleeding for 4 days in a row when I went to the toilet. It was strange - it was only ever in the morning and was a browny colour - although once it was more of a red colour. Anyway I also had a couple of blood tests and the hcg levels came back fine. My GP and Ob were not really concerned about the bleeding but did the blood tests probably more for my sanity. I wish you all the best and have my fingers crossed for you.

Jem

I had bleeding for 6 weeks constantly (started around 4 weeks pg), then another bleed one week ago.

I had my 12 week scan last week and baby is growing really well and was really active

Bleeding in pregnancy is actuallyr ather common, but it is still a really scary thing to experience. The fact that yours has stopped is also a great sign.

I'm sure everything will be okay Let us know how you go!

malimum Guest

Amy i that things go well 4 u on Tuesday and that ur pg is H&H....GL.

Hi Amy
    Fingers crossed that everything works out for you and you have
    a happy healthy pregnancy. Goodluck

Hi Amy

I bled for 12 weeks with DS but everything was ok. OB doesnt know why just one of those things. He said as long as its brownish and not red thats a good sign. I hope all goes well for you.

GOOD LUCK

Hi Amy,
    I had brownish - red spotting during this pregnancy when I was around 10 weeks... it lasted a few weeks and eventually went away... I had a very heavy feeling in my tummy at the time too... I had an ultrasound which confirmed that everything was fine and there was no real explaination for why the spotting was happening... I am now almost 28 weeks pregnant and have had nothing since.
    Wishing you all the very best... I know it is scary, but it doesn't always mean something bad is happening.

Lisa

Good luck for Tuesday chick!

I had bleeding this pregnancy at 7 weeks. I've 2 scans to help me get to the 13 week scan and they were both fine.

My girlfriend had full on blood gushing at 6 weeks and she's been fine ever since, so I thought after I heard that, I have nothing to worry about a bit of brown spotting compared to that dramatic event!:eek:

I have bad anxiety and all I can say is try and take your mind off things and read a good book, spend time with your hubby/friends etc and just try and relax, Tuesday will be here before you know it and you'll get the results you want.

Take care and let us know how you go.

clare076 Guest

Hi Amy

All the best with your HCG levels, thinking of you today. Just wanted to let everyone know that although most ob's say "as long as it's not red blood" it doesn't mean that red blood signifies a problem either.

I had 2 episodes of bright red bleeding with Shelby, at 8w and again at 10w - and they could not find a reason inutero. With Max I had full on gushes of bright red bleeding from 10w to 16w nonstop. Again their was no reason on u/s for bleed. (we did lose Max but due to chromosomal problem not miscarriage)

Sometimes women can have a very sensitive cervix during pregnancy, even having a bowel motion or a busy day at work is enough to set off a bleed. Often resting for a few hours is enough to stop the flow.

Although you need to be cautious and have any bleeding checked out, don't automatically think red blood is bad.

Chin up Amy.
    xx

Yep, this happened to me too, bleeding on and off from 5 weeks until 7 weeks and was only there when I wiped. I was so anxious I took myself to emergancy. I had u/s and bloods done and all ended up fine. The doctors werent too concerned as i didnt have cramping or clots. good luck and let us know how you go today
    love melissa

Red face all ok

hi,

thanks for all your words of advice..

went to dr today and results show my hcg levels doublung every 2nd day so all is good...

Having a dating scan next thursday.

thanks again
    amy

Smile

Fantastic news Amy!! Glad to hear all is ok.