Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding..

Default Bleeding..

Is there anything happening that can cause very heavy brown spotting at the 9-10wk mark? I'm heading to my doctor now fingers crossed I spose..

If its brown, it could be old blood?
    Hope its nothing bad & all is well HUGS

storm04 Guest

i am ten weeks today and bled from 4 to 9 weeks the last week i have had brown spotting more gumky brown though TMI
    My gp told me last week it was quiet normal and not to worry as US was all ok at 8 weeks i have ran the midwives who told me the same
    Fingers crossed though for you, i am still keeping my fingers crossed but feel confident after hearing all will be ok as long as there is no pain.

It was brown so I didnt worry too much but made an appointment incase it went red, had a shower and some red came out not sure how much though it didn't look too bad and had some light cramping.

My dr was really nice she said it can be the plecenta and from my last blood test my hormone levels had gone up a good amount and said theres nothing you can really do but wait. I asked if a u/s could show where the bleeding was coming from like last time so I could relax she said it was quite possible and probably a good idea as I can cope with good/bad news but I can't cope with waiting and not knowing.

They were so nice I rung to get an appointment but they said there was none left and I said I was pregnant with brown and red spotting they told me to come in straight away saw a dr in half an hour. The radiology place was booked out, told them what I was going in for and have an appointment at 1pm, it's nice to feel that people do care. I'm scared to go to the toilet though I don't want to see any more blood...

Thank you for sharing your experiences I know it can be common and I'm probably paranoid its just the waiting and not knowing that stresses me no end, that and 5ppl called in sick at DP's work and my best friend has a university presentation (no way would I ask her to miss it) and my parents live far away so kind of sad to have to go through this alone again...

Hi there.

Brown spotting is generally a lot better than bright red spotting (which can also happen and not be bad)

I had both during my pg with Milo - red at 5-6 weeks, and brown at 8-9 weeks. I had an u/s after the first, they said it was unrelated to the baby.

Throughout this time I also had bad abdominal cramping so was thinking the worst.

HOwever it was all good in my experience - I hope that it will be a good outcome for you as well.

Good luck today.

ETA - I posted after you. I *so* get the scared to go to the toilet feeling. I will be thinking of you today

Thank you its good to know its happened to other ppl and they have been fine. I have a cold at the moment every time I cough I can feel a slight ooze (TMI i know) im hoping its just normal woman-goo but know it probably isnt its the worst feeling.

Bet $5 my clock starts ticking backwards lol 1pm looks so far away :-(

Thinking of you Celtic Moon. I hope all goes fine at 1pm. Its wonderful when they can fit you in to ease your mind. I am sure you will be ok and bubs.

Keep us up to date

Jac

Oh I so know what you mean about that feeling when you cough!
    Fingures crossed there is a little heartbeat there at 1pm.

You have the support here either way it turns out. Good Luck

I had some brown spotting too (at 5 weeks) and my U/S showed everything was fine.

I have my fingers crossed for yout hat you U/S goes well. That was so nice of them to get you in so quick. It took me a week to get an appt!

Good Luck.....

They rung and said they are taking longer than expected so im at 1.30 but i need to pee now!!! lol luckily a friend took me to lunch to take my mind off it but she has class as well so couldnt be there for the actual appointment but it made time fly which is always a good thing Ive stopped bleeding as well now so im hoping for the best

LOL its a bugger needing to pee! I remember my first U/S with my first pg, I was so busting to go by the time it was my turn I was in so much pain & almost crying that I just had to pee!

I too am thinking about you and little bean.

Will check in on you and see how you went.

I will be praying for you both.

Hope all is well CM!

It has arms and legs and is a kung fu kid! Those little limbs were going for it! Heartrate was 171bpm and is measuring the size of a 10wk old even though there is no way it could be because i didn't do "reproducing activities" at that point in time.

The bleeding is outside and next to the placenta and is about 2mm by 1mm "bruise". How can something that small cause so much stress and blood!!!

I can't believe how mental it was going and it moved its head, so scarey 4wks ago it was this tiny blob you could barely make out and now it looks like a little people!

Great News CM.......

That's great news Celtic! I'm so glad to hear your little one is active & healthy.

Thats great to hear, I'm so glad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast