Thread: bleeding

Default bleeding

Im freaking out a lot - yesterday afternoon I had really bad cramps to the point I could hardly stand up and then a fair bit of bleeding. Im seeing the doctor this evening, the first appointment I could get - you have to love being in the middle of nowhere! Is this normal? The bleeding stopped and I feel ok now - just really nervous that it was something bad or a m/c. Help!

Pietta Guest

Hello MiMo,

How far into your pregnancy are you? Bleeding can be a sign of negative things but also can be very normal. I have had bleeding while I am pregnant.

AmandaVey Guest

Default bleeding

Mimo,
    I am 9 weeks, and recently had a scare, and rushed to the hospital because I was bleeding quite heavily, along w/ cramping. I had an emergency ultrasound, and the baby was doing just fine. Seems that it was a ruptured blood vessel (from sex, mind you), and everything was ok. Good luck, and hope all is well.
    Amanda O

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

MiMo,

Check out the article on BellyBelly (www.bellybelly.com.au) about bleeding in the pregnancy section. It has many different reasons why it can occur and explainations - might help to put your mind at more ease (if possible!).
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Mimo - I too had bleeding not long ago and it lasted a few days ( mainly brown-old blood- and a little red as well) and it totally freaked me out as well.
    I thought the worst with the ladies here giving me their positive thoughts and their own stories of bleeding.
    Apparently most of us have had this stress placed onto us.
    But anyway I raced into my Dr and asked for a hcg test and also a follow up to ensure all was well. I've already had the 1st one and all is normal ( relief)- so now Im waiting to have the second one tomorrow to confirm that the counts are indeed on the rise.
    I wont tell you not to worry because like me and the other ladies you will- but I will say that once tests have been done all could still be ok!
    We're here 4 U alright...

Carol

cje00 Guest

MiMo,
    How did you go. i am 6 wks and woke this morning with some bleeding, but then it went away. am as paranoid as anything as my sister lost several before finally having a healthy baby. Hope it is going okay & doctor could offer some reassurance- i am booked in again for tomorrow.

thank you so much everyone!! I had 2 blood tests and my hcg levels are increasing and the Dr was really excited to tell me I was still pregnant O He has booked me in for an ultrasound this friday - I will be just 9 weeks and I am crossing my fingers that everything will be fine.

Mimo _ I am so happy & relieved for you...
    I had a feeling that all would be well. The same thing has happened for me recently as well so I was very aware of what u were going through.
    What a huge worry it is-hey! Phew.
    Now u can relax a little bit O

Carol

Orkids Guest

Woohooooo - thats great news. Let us all know how the ultrasound goes on Friday!!

Mimo, brilliant news - I am so glad to hear that. Cant wait to hear how the u/s goes friday. You must be so relieved!!!

Mimo, what a weight off your mind that must be.

:bluestick: for you

Hey Mimo, how did the u/s go today? Can't wait to hear about it!

thanks everyone for your messages!!

Everything is cool, the ultrasound was great and I got to see my tiny flickering blob - the nurse swears its a baby!!

I feel silly for worrying so much now.

brilliant news mimo! dont feel silly for worrying - its natural that you should worry. im just so pleased all is ok.