Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding and early u/s

Unhappy Bleeding and early u/s

Warning! contains tmi re: blood

I am only 4w4d pg. I started bleeding around lunch time today. It's not really heavy like my m/c was but i did have lots of cramps which have now settled down. It's mainly when i wipe but not heavy enough to leak onto my liner. It's brownish red but definatlely fresh blood.

I had a bt today with repeat test on wed to check hcg. My Dr also ordered an u/s for me to have tommorow.

My question is what do they expect to see on an u/s at this early (4w5d)? Has anyone had one this early and what did they see??
    Also i need some hope, has anyone else had early bleeding and gone on to have a healthy baby?

TIA

I assume you won't see much.. I had early bleeding with my last pregnancy and I had 3 US in the first 12 weeks due to that.. At our first Us which was 5 weeks ?? days ( can't remember now) We saw a fetal pole and sac ( i think thats right) and the tech thought she saw a flickering HB but wasn't sure so we were booked in for the follwoing week..

Good Luck tomorrow..

Good luck MRs B - could just be implantation bleeding!

hun, I had a lot of bleeding early pg... Make sure you get your progesterone levels checked, you might need a suppliment... They helped me right out.
    Your scan should show a blob. hun. Hope everything goes OK for you.
    STICKY STICKY STICKY VIBES.
    xo

Kirsty,
    I had the same thing at the beginning of this pregnancy at 4 weeks and lasted for three days and was was just when I would normally have been due for my period and my ob told me it is just my hormones getting into pregnancy mode. It can also be an implantation bleed as well. I have had a scan at 5 weeks before and saw just a sac as it is just so early. I have everything crossed for you!

Hey MrsB26,

will keep everything crossed for you, can't say anything much but sending super sticky vibes and lots of positive thoughts your way.

Love Nae x

I actually had a period when i was about a month pregnant.I'm nearly 14 weeks now & everythings ok.It was almost like a normal period too ,just a bit shorter than usual.
    Good luck hun,sending u sticky vibes.BTW i had a scan at 7 weeks 6 days & there was this tiny blobby shape,we could make out tiny buds for limbs & the spaces for the eyes but only by looking very hard,so don't freak when u don't think u can see anything as i don't think there is alot to see at that stage.

Oh no Kristy, I just saw this. I am praying super hard for you and that the bleeding subsides. Take care xx

Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts. There was nothing to be seen on the u/s - as i expected. I also had on internal and saw nothing there either. The sonographer was lovely telling me it could be too early but in my heart i just know it's gone. I am still bleeding now but not cramping.

The results wont be ready until tomorrow, i'll go back to my Dr then. My bt results will be ready this afternoon but i will wait for those as i'll only have to go back again tomorrow for a repeat test depending on the results.

Thank you again for your support

OH mrs b, big and lots of for when you are ready again

Do you have another US booked

aussienic - no, not yet. It will depend on my bt results as to what will happen next. I cant believe this is happening again, i am so devistated

hun, I have pmed you. Please let it be too early.... thinking of you.

Sorry to hear of bad news Mr B..
    I really hope everythin works out and it is just to early.
    I had first u/s at 5 w 6 d and that was a blob in a sac and hard to see...

Just an update, i dont need the test results to tell me what i now know, the bleeding and cramps have increased. The funny thing is that it's exactly the same time as my last m/c. I'll have a good talk to my Dr tomorrow. Thank you for your support ladies xo

Kristy

It is still very early, I had a look on the net for you and this is just one of the things I found

(The gestational sac first appears at about 4 weeks gestational age, and grows at a rate of about 1 mm a day through the 9th week of pregnancy. While a gestational sac is sometimes seen as early as during the 4th week of gestation, it may not be seen until the end of the 5th week.)

Was it a vaginal or tummy ultrasound? This also makes a difference as the vaginal can see more.
    My obstertrican wont scan before 7 weeks for the reason that it makes you worry for most the time no reason.
    I really hope everything goes ok for you!

[/B]

:hugs: I am so sorry..

Oh no Kristy. :hugs:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast