Thread: Blergh

Unhappy Blergh

OMG i feel soooooooo sick. I was sick with DS but usually i just threw up in the morning and then i'd be ok. The past couple of days i've just been a waste of space really! I can't do anything - all i want to do is sleep and throw up. I don't feel like eating anything but if i don't i feel worse. This is horrible. I was even starting to wonder if there might be somthing wrong
    i took ginger when i had morning sickness last time but it helped a bit, but i don't think it'd do much for me the way i feel now. Sook sook! Any one got any ideas? i have a wedding to go to on the weekend, and on Monday i have a friend from UK coming to stay for 2 weeks with us - i'm going to be a great tour guide chucking up every couple of kms we drive, huh?! HELP!

Im so sorry

Have you tried sea sickness wrist bands? You can get them from the chemist..they really helped me.

you poor thing. i have exactly the same as you, but i don't throw up (and i think that makes it worse).

You could go to your doctor and get something for the nausea or you could try the natural travel calm (the one with ginger), you can use that during pregnancy.

Try eating more small meals instead of just 3 big ones. I too have to force myself to eat, but once i do eat (as long as there is no garlic, which i used to love) i feel about 60% better. Sleeping seems to help me too.

You can try eating steamed vegies, salad and dry toast. drink ginger beer (bundaberg seems to work). I tend to steer clear of meat because it just makes me feel worse, but everyone is different. I think if you choose foods that are bland you won't feel as sick and at least you can try to keep something down.

I think that vitamin b is supposed to help too.

thats about all the advice i can give, because i am only just going through this too and learning as i go along.

With DD i was extremely sick and i found the only thing that would help me was green apples. This time im not as sick (no where near it) but the apples dont help. Nothing does this time!

Alot of the ladies in my belly buddies group have tried the apples and have all said it helped them. Either apples as in fruit or apple juice/cider plain or sparkling!

I hope it eases soon for you.. hang in there matey!!

Hey there!! I have just been through it all too and isnt it horrible!! Im 15 weeks now and its finally settling down. I found that absolutely nothing worked. Milk products made it worse. After thinking the world was coming to an end, I asked a friend of mine and she said to go to the health food shop and get "Nux Vomica". Its a natural product and it was HEAVEN sent!! It comes in the form of tiny white tablets that you disolve under your tongue. I cant recommend them enough. As soon as I took them my nausea eased and I felt human again. It says to take 1-6 so I took 6 and OMG it WORKED!! They just taste like sugar tablets so very easy to digest. You can take them 6 times a day so whenever you feel a bit sick just pop them in your mouth and you should feel releif pretty quickly. They are $8.95 for about 100 tablets so really reasonable. Definitely go and get them and let me know if they worked for you.

Oh LG I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so yuk, I hope it eases soon. Hugs.

Peppermint tea is working for me at the moment. Also, as Sirenz said, lots of small meals (I'm eating every 2-3 hours - I've put on 2 kgs in the last 2 weeks!). Plain carb food (eg. ryvita crackers).

LG, I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling so sick. The nausea is bothersome. I was told that small meals help to lessen the nausea. If ginger doesn't work, some people drink a cup of warm milk. These remedies are very individualized though. Try it and see if it works. Also, try avoiding strong odor food such as fish, cheese, and onion.

Even though you are feeling nauseated, eat some dry crackers 15 minutes before getting out of bed. Get up slowly. Make sure you are well hydrated (btw, if you have just eaten, wait 45 minutes - 1 hour before you drink fluid as this will help to lessen nausea). Make sure you drink small amount of fluid throughout the day!

In the mean time, try getting more rest. Nausea should lessen in a couple of weeks.

I hope you will feel better soon! HUGS

LG - take the ginger anyway! You might find it takes a few days of taking it consistently to improve but any improvement has good to be good.

Blackmores has a morning sickness formula tablet with the correct medicinal dosage in it. Truly worth a try. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Linds i felt similar to the way you are feeling too. Awful isnt it? I found dry bikkies, like milk arrowroot were helpful, and green apples were good too. I also got a prescription for Maxolon - I took it on the really bad days and it helped me but made me feel really hungry so I ate constantly whn=en I used it. I know some people dont find it helpful though.

I hope you feel better soon.

Today I'm trying out the "Sea-Bands". So far, so good...

Thanks everyone, I ended up going to the doctor as i just couldn't function well enough to even look after DS, and i got a prescription for maxalon and it is fantastic! I'm still really tired, but the nausea is under control now. I do find i get really hungry as well, but i can't eat alot - i get full really quickly. Weird isn't it?!!