Thread: Blood in mucous

Default Blood in mucous

Hi, I am not sure if I should panic or not??? I just went to the toilet and there was a pink tinge in my mucous. I havent had sex in the last few day (much too tired), just really stressed out at work.

What should I do? I dont have any cramping, just that dull sensation I have had for the last week (5 weeks, 4days pg) in both sides of my groin. I still have sore boobs but nothing much else.

Help
    M

Hi Minimatron and welcome to Belly belly.
    No, you shouldn't panic! Any sort of blood sends any pregnant woman into a state of fear - this is natural. However many many women have some blood loss during pregnancy and go on to carry their babies to term. I bled on and off for the first 14 weeks of my son's pregnancy. He was born healthy and gorgeous.

I am sure many other women with similar stories will visit you in here and this will help ease your mind.

On a practical level don't have sex until the bleedihg has stopped. I think it would be wise to see your gp who may order an ultrasound just to have a peek at your baby. However if the bleeding is minimal he/she is likely to wait until you are later in your 6th week for an early ultrasound. By then you should see a heart beating away.

I truly understand how scary this is but try not to panic. Big hugs and do call you gp.

Well I did panic and went to A&E and spent quite a few hours there. I had a blood test and my pregnancy hormone level was 6569. I have to go to my GP on Friday for a repeat test. I also had an ultrasound. First they did an abdo one and couldnt see anything, so then they did a vaginal ultrasound, which wasnt too bad We could see the sac, but they couldnt get a fetal heart beat, either coz its much too early or I am miscarrying. They worked it out that I am 5 weeks 3 days pg. I figure it must be too early coz I havent had any more blood since this morning and I dont have any cramps. I think it is a good sign..? I have to have another ultrasound at 8 weeks to make sure its all good. Fingers crossed.

I think my anxiety levels went through the roof today. Must try and relax. Now all I have to do is wait for my next u/s

Hi Minimatron,
    So glad you had an u/s. It is really too early to see a heartbeat. Obviously they could see no source of the bleed or they would have reported on it so this is all great news!
    Hopefully you will get some more positive stories from all of the other wonderful women on Belly Belly who have had first trimester bleeding.

Try and relax (impossible I know!) think positive thoughts and count off the days until your next u/s. I am hoping for you that everything stays wonderful

Minimatron,
    Hi hun, please dont panic,,not good for bubs
    I have had bleeding (slight spotting actually) since about 5 1/2 weeks on and off and it has only stopped almost a week ago now. My bubs is fine, and my bump is getting bigger all the time, not to mention that my boobs are really sore, and I have had morning sickness from about 5 1/2 weeks badly, so it is all good.
    Chinup, it might just have been a one off thing, and absolutely nothing to stress yourself over.
    Congrats on your your little precious bundle btw

Thanks, I am trying to relax and not to worry too much. I woke up this morning and I am bleeding again. Its very light and I can only see it when I wipe. Today I am not panicing, although a little anxious. I have to see my GP tomorrow for repeat bloods to see if my levels have increased or not. I hope all is well. I am a little dishartened by this. I have been wanting a baby for a long time and now I have found the right man, I just want it all to be ok, thats all. Am looking forward til tomorrow. Am taking the rest of the week of work, just to chill out (I have a very stressfull job). Keep you posted.
    Cheers

Minimatron

Hi Mini,
    I am glad you can take some time off. Do some nice things for you.
    Please let us know your results. We will all be thinking of you and wishing you sticky sticky baby vibes..
    Remember, all looked good and tomorrows result will hopefully reassure you more...
    Big hugs

Minimatron, I am sending you all the I can muster! Like the other girls said, try not to panic. Do something nice to distract yourself. Time can seem very slow when you're waiting. I'm sure all is well with you and your little bubba. We are all thinking of you, and here for you if you need us!

I had the same thing as you, at about 8 weeks. It happened for a day or two and hasn't been back since. Now at 18 weeks.

If you aren't having any cramping along with it, that's a positive sign.

I went to the doctor today and he did my bloods. Good news is that the HCG levels have increased over the past two days.
    HCG Wed:6569
    HCG Frid: 8484

He told me to be causiously optimistic, but thinks its a good sign coz I havent had any cramping or clots. I have to have another blood test on Monday and will get the results on tuesday morning. I feel a little more relieved, although I think I worried myself stupid and thought of the worst. I really hope this works out for the best. Thanks for all of your positve words and I will keep you posted.
    Cheers
    M

So happy that you are feeling more positive. I am sending you truckloads of sticky vibes.
    Have a relaxing and uneventful weekend!

Great news M!

yippee. I got my blood test results today and my HCG has gone up again, from 6569 last wednesday to 13000 yesterday. i have to have an ultrasound next week which we are looking forward to. I just wanted to say a big thanks to all the kind words and encouragement.

Cheers

Minimatron

Hi Mini!
    That is just wonderful news. I have a big smile on my dial just for you.
    Don't forget to come and tell us how beautiful your u/s looked!

I have a baby We had an u/s this morning and everything seems to be going along fine. Our little Jelly Bean has a heart rate of 142 beats per minute. We are so excited. Thanks everyone for your support...
    Minimatron

Fabulous news! I am so happy for you!