Thread: Body Jewellery

Default Body Jewellery

May sound like a stupid question but here it is...

I do not know what will happen when my belly grows in the distant future but I am wondering if I will need to remove my belly ring????

Joy.

Well, everyone's different, but it's pretty likely. I'm only about 30 weeks or so, but if I had a bellybutton ring I definitely think it would be getting uncomfortable! My bellybutton is pretty stretched at the moment...

Margot_In_Oz Guest

I also think that you may need to remove it. My belly button has stretched so much that if I had a piercing there, the jewellry wouldn't actually fit.

On the same topic of piercings, I have my clitoral hood pierced, with a bar. I've been wondering the same - whether I'll need to remove it. I didn't think it would get in the way, but I've never given birth before, so I really don't know. It's one thing I've been putting off asking my OB. :-)

Margot.

Margot_In_Oz Guest

Kellie, I think I must have been out of my mind at the time!! It hurt like hell (no ice or anything beforehand!)- plus she wasn't happy with the angle the first time, so she pierced the same hole twice. I've never sweated so much! Or sworn!

I'm glad I did it at the time though as I'd never have the guts to now. And having gone through that experience, I'd really prefer not to remove the bar and have it close up.

I'm seeing my OB on Tuesday, so will ask him then about it.

Margot.

I Have my belly button pierced... but I have bought a bendy longer plastic bar, so hopefully it will bend with when my belly increases!!!

Cath78 Guest

Default Belly button piercing

I took mine out about 6 weeks ago - when do you think it will close! I've heard urban legends of the hole tearing when you get bigger - has anyone heard those?!?!

I took mine out around 20ish weeks I think it was. The hole didn't close over & all was fine.

Check out this thread and also this one where we have discussed it before.......

Hi all,

thanks for your help and advice.

Thanks heaps Sarah for the links. They were really helpful, I have decided to wait and see what the doc says and if I don't like that then I will wait and see what happens.

If I do take it out I will not be having it re-pierced.

Sarah - regarding the gold thing. Did you solve the problem. I'm allergic to anything but 18+ct gold, 24ct gold preferable. Even stainless steel causes a reaction within 12 hours.

thanks again,

Nope, never solved it Joy. I think my skin must not like it or something.

i took mine out at 22 weeks - hoping it would not close over, but it has... #-o

i am glad i did though as the scar is stretching and i think it would be a bit yuk if the bar was still in.

but every belly is different - good luck!!

Linda

I left my ring in the first time round. I did ask the Dr if it should come out and he said Why? It wasn't bothering me. This time around it might be a bit different, I think I'm going to be a LOT bigger, but will wait until nearer to the time.

Hi there

Both my sister and I (both pregnant at the same time, no points for guessing what we do in our spare time :roll: ) have had belly rings and have also taken them out - however not 100% sure but I think that you can buy special longer bars from the piercing shops made specially for pregnant women - however this was just what i had heard somewhere once....may be worth looking into also if your'e interested....

good luck

di O

I got the longer bendy one but found it no better than a normal bar, so for me it was a waste of money.

angel_eyes Guest

I tool out my belly ring as soon as I found out I was pregnant.

mine closed up a few days after i took the ring out... darn!

i read somewhere that if you want to take it out but also don't want it to close up... thread a piece of fishing line through it (and knot the ends!) when it starts getting uncomfortable. that should keep the hole there until you're ready to put it back in.

angel_eyes Guest

I'd be quite happy to have it re done later down the track.

How much would fishing line bug you?

It would drive me nuts!

LOL - i dont think i could handle the fishing line either....its a pretty good idea though

Linda

Default body jewellery

Last edited by amber; March 8th, 2008 at 09:08 AM.