Thread: Body Temperature

Wink Body Temperature

I've been feeling really Hot and sweaty....but more so than usual. My temperature has sky rocketed! What are the connections between body temperature and pregnancy?> Is this normal:icon_question:

its al the hormones going through your body!! i was always really hot, and the fact its ummer mightnt help

sajemsha Guest

Smile

Hi, I'm definalty hotter then usual, I have a fan on me most of the time, even through the night if it's a little bit hot. You've just got more blood pumping through your body now that your pregnant Make sure you drink alot of water, try and stay cool, maybe sit under an air con like I do

it is very common for pgnt women to feel hot, even in the cooler months, I have been lucky to be pregnant through winter with all my pgncy and I normally went around with a s/sleeve top and just wore a light cardigan early mornings and late evenings.

Definitely normal. Increased blood flow and hormones are the culprits. I'm a lot warmer than usual already too. Most mornings I awake and find that I've been perspiring during the night. Of course, it creates more work because I then need to wash my pjs and pillowcases every day but it gives me an excuse to have yummy fresh linen every day too!

I'm SOOOO glad that I'll be pg over the worst of our Tassie winter this year. Nothing better than a built in hot water bottle that you don't need to refill.

Lisa

Also, something about your metabolism increasing, your heart rate and breaths per minute also increase -this is all perfectly normal!

Hi Mysti
    As all the others have said it is quite normal. It is related to the increase in hormones, blood volume and your metabolism

Percy Guest

gosh yes! I was as pregnant as you in the middle of winter - and I'm in NZ where its cold! - and only slept with a sheet on - no doona no blankets nothing - I just got too hot otherwise!!

Hi,

I read somewhere at some point, that we (pregnant women) have hard time at moderating our own body temps so we are either too cold or too hot, its to do with all the blood flowing around.

I am hot most of the time and I am known for being always cold.

We have air conditioning so I just stick that on most of the time I can't be bothered being hot to save a few dollars.