Thread: boy/girl question?

Default boy/girl question?

the mums at school have told me if the baby has a fast strong heartbeat it means its a girl?
    is this true? I have a DS and i cant remember. I had my 11 week scan today and bubs heartbeat was 171BPM. maybe i was nervous and thats why it was high. the scan doctor said it was high. anyone have any theroys?

As I understand it, things like that are right about half the time - same as bump shape, cravings, m/s occurance or any other theory you care to mention. There was a thread on this recently but because you can't search more than once every five minutes because I didn't enter the right thing to look for in the first search I can't find the link to the thread now, sorry!

I have heard the same thing also and while it was right for me with Tehya I can't really remember what the boys heartbeats were like.

Ryn, IKWYM about not being able to search as often, what is the go with that. I find it quite annoying actually.

skyelar Guest

I have heard this one too...my DD's h/b was always 150+. Friends that have had boys have always said they were 130-140ish. This bub is 150+ as well.
    It is fun to 'guess' though lol!

I'm surprised the mums all agreed on one specific theory for once!!!!

Emily was 160 right the way through my pregnancy with her.
    Toby has started off high (160-170) and at around 15-18 weeks began to slow down and he's in "boy range" now - 140-150.

Yeah i've also heard that and both my dd and my neice had high heart beats... and there u go - are girls I think u have to wait until they are a bit older though.

thanks girls it is a bit early yet. i would be so happy with either. just thought id ask. i dont have anything with my DS heart rate on it when he was in my belly so i cant compare. its all good. but it is quiet interesting. i was happy just to see bubba and a strong heart beat. take care everyone.

love TG