Thread: bright red blood

Default bright red blood

i had a huge scare last night (well im still scared) i had some bright red blood when i wiped after going to the loo - not a great deal but enough to make me worry so i cleaned my teeth & wiped again & there was a bit more - i freaked out but still went to bed thinking positive though woke up & kept checking by luckily i have had nothing since - got in contact with my dr (she's a friend) & she booked me in a for an ultrasound 8am monday morning & said if it gets worse or im worried go straight to hospital - i havent had any more not even a pinky tinge & there has been no cramping at all & i still have morning sickness - i was so worried i even did another pg test which of course was positive
    has anyone else had this?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I never had it but there have been a few girls that have bled and they and bubs have been fine. Fingers crossed it stays away, and good luck for your scan on Monday.

beastie Guest

yes i had this twice

one time i had a fungus und the second time there was nothing.
    my dr explained that in pregnancy the uterus is more supplied with blood and it could happen that you get a bleeding without any meaning.

cross my fingers for your scan!

I bled frequently throughout my pregnancy with my ds#2. He is now nine years old! I know how worrisome it is. Good luck to you; I hope it is nothing and bubs is well.

Jacquelyn Guest

I had this with my daughter and of course was worried sick. Just like you I was ordered an U/S which fortunately showed nothing. I was just told to rest for a couple of days, which I did and my daughter is now 3.

I am sure the U/S will set your mind at ease, I am not even going to wish you luck because I expect a post on Monday saying everything is fine.

Jacquelyn

thanks girls for putting my mind at rest - still havent had anymore & has spent the time resting - well resting as well as you can with a toddler (lucky she entertains herself)
    will post tomorrow & let you know how i went

Hi Mel
    A small amount of blood in early pregnancy is normal and very common.
    Try not to worry hun, everything is fine.

spreckemily Guest

Hi Mel,

I have had alot of episodes of spotting through this pregnancy. It ended up being a fibrous??? cervix. I am about to give birth today or tomorrow morning and all is well!!

Have a great pregnancy.

just an update - after being in agony trying to hold all that fluid in before my scan i ended up having to have an internal - i was so relieved to be told there was a heartbeat & when i said i thought the baby had died i got a weird look! seems the bleeding comes from a sac of blood above the uterus (not at all connected) she called it implantation bleeding even though it is happening well after implantation - said it might happen again but wont effect the pregnancy - so im over the moon & peanut even waved - though i had to be convinced that was what it was cause it all looked like blobs to me - heartbeat is 174bpm
    thanks again everyone

Mel so pleased to hear everything is okay.

malimum Guest

Congrats melbee,

Sounds like everything is doing good Glad to hear it, its a worrying time but until you hear that little heartbeat it makes up for all the anxiety.

Good luck and enjoy ur pg

bye
    Malimum

I am so happy that all is well!

Thats fantastic news Mel. I am pleased all is going ok.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Wooohoooo Mel, that's great news