Thread: BT Results

Default BT Results

Does anyone know when your Dr sends you to Pathology for BT`s and the results come back as to how many weeks you are, the weeks they tell you is it from conception?

I hope this makes sense as my Dr told me I`m very very early in pregnancy only 3 weeks (BT last Friday) but to my calculation I should have been 5 weeks, 1 day from LMP :-k

I didnt know that thry could tell just from a BT 8-[

Love

Yeah - maybe the dr means the foetus is 3 weeks old? Not how many weeks pregnant.
    I would imagine the only way they could tell how many weeks you are is by hormone levels, andeven then I dont know how accruate it would be.

Take the later date Dee - then you can be surprised and come early!!! LOL. I'll be taking a later date if offered!!!

Fi

LOL Fi

Thanks Girls, last time the Dr never mentioned how many weeks I was that`s why I`m totally confused this time when he mentioned I`m only 3 weeks, it doesn`t seem right to me. Anyway I have my OB appointment on 21st December and he`ll do a dating scan then.

Mine said I was 32 days with my blood test result... I can't remember now if that included the two weeks. I think it did.

Fee Guest

My doctor rang me with my results and said that according to my HCG levels I would be about 4-5 weeks which was what I thought too (according to LMP).

Do you know what your HCG level was?

Fee - No he didn`t say what my HCG level was so that doesn`t help me either.

I think it's a pretty wide range what HCG levels can be at. I'd wait for the dating scan. If you're cycle is pretty regular, I'd say going by LMP is pretty accurate. Because I charted and knew when I ovulated, my OB used that in the calculation, which actually put me ahead a few days. And my scans have been confirming that earlier date. A scan will soon tell you

Hi Deejoy17
    Trying to work out dates from your BT is very very inaccurate.
    The U/S scan at somewhere between 8 and 12 weeks in the most accurate way of working out your dates. But keep in mind that the U/S is only accurate to 1 week either way.

Thanks Alan, I`ve decided not to worry about what the GP mentioned (as to how many weeks I am) as I know roughly when I O`d etc and I know when my LMP was (which would have made me 5 wks, 1 day at time of BT) so all I have to do know is wait for my 9 week OB appointment to see the little dot