Thread: Can I go on the rides at Moomba?

Default Can I go on the rides at Moomba?

Ldies,
    wondering if someone can help me. I am taking my 6 year old daughter to Moomba tonight for her birthday. Am wondering if I can go on some of the rides. She is quite a daredevil for 6, but I know some of these rides advise pregnant women not to ride. I am only about 5 weeks, but the problem is I don't want anyone to know yet. Any advice?

Hi Jo,

I dont know the answer to this one. I would ask a DR just to be safe. I know that a few theme parks advice pregnant women not to participate, however at what stage in the pregnancy is not specified. Personally I would play it safe and not go on any rides.

Hope you get more replies on this one!

I'd be inclined to play it safe too and give the rides a miss too.

DoubleK Guest

i went to the show in 2005, and a week later i went to the docs as i was 'still feeling a bit sick from the rides' turns out i was 6 weeks pg!

no harm done to Krystal, but i do think i wouldnt have gone on the rides i did if i had known i was pg.

ask your doc, as its ur choice, the doc will tell you if there are any risks!

I wouldn't, just on case something happened I would never forgive myself IYKWIM

Thanks ladies. I went to Moomba last night and luckily all the childrens rides were in the one area so we stayed there all night. I think I may have a child with a future gambling problem. LoL. All she wanted to do was play the lottery games and the clowns so she could win something.

I think the signs are mainly for people with complicated pregnancies and later on due to the movements of the rides!

A confession here: I went to Movie World at 5 and a half weeks pregnant and I went on teh Wild Wild West water ride and Shrek 4D, boht of which say no pregnant women but my baby is all 100% ok THen again, those rides aren't hardcore anyway, I told my ob and he just giggled at me, he said at that many weeks the baby is sooooooooooo small and tucked away behind ur pelvis it wouldn't of done any damage.

Glad you had fun!

I went on the scooby doo ride at movie world at about 5 weeks, but I tried to brace myself against any hard knocks on my belly. In the end I decided it wasn't really worth the risk.

How about the Wet and Wild waterslides if you're wearing swim shorts?

You see, I actually sometimes work at the theme parks and I get cheap entry.