Thread: Cant help but feel doomed..

Default Cant help but feel doomed..

Morning Ladies,

I suffered a M/C in Feb @ 5 weeks, I am now currently 13w 1 day and I still cant fight the feeling of doom! I try and be possitive and am most of the time but I find myself over annalysing EVERY thing!!
    I have had 4 eppisodes of spotting in the 13 weeks - last one being Saturday (all been dark old blood) which my OB said are caused by a small tear in the placnter (which will heal its self) so the blood would already be there it just comes out evey now and again.
    I have had 3 scans and all have shown healthy bub and measurements and h/b have al always been perfect for what ever stage I was up to. So not much to worry about.

My morning sickness has pretty much tappered off over the last few days - I should be greatfull as I was SO ill but now I cant help thinking its a bad sign.

I have an appoint with my GP today at 11.30 and thinking about asking for a scan just to put my mind at ease - dont kniw if I can make it till 18 weeks!!

Any one else felt or feel like this at times?
    Kate

oh dont worry i was a wreck and still am a wreck! i didnt have any bleeding tho... I just assumed coz it took me 2 year to concieve..something was gonna go wrong. I have only had 1 scan so far and that was the one @ 12 weeks. But now that im nearly half way i am enjoying it a little more than i used to. I know its hard hun but try and stay positive. Remember if there was something wrong with bub it would let u know especially being past 12 weeks. I have a good feeling about ur pregnancy keep ur chin up ok xoxoxox

Hun, I think every one of us has had fears during pg, especially after bleeding. And to have already had a mc would understandably make you more concerned. But old blood is usually not a bad sign, I had that at 6 weeks when pg with my now 3yo. If there was anything at all to worry about, your doc would have said.

Did you realise that you have now made it into the second trimester?? You have posted in first trimester, and I know some people class 14 weeks as second, but I'm pretty sure the official timing is 12 weeks. So woo hoo to you, congratulations!! You have made it this far, past the main danger period. I think you can be pretty confident that this is a sticky one. Good on you hun, try and relax now and enjoy the pg. I found the second trimester to be the best one, I hope you find the same.

constantly hun everytime i go to the toilet i check for blood, i am still so scared.

Looks like everything seems pretty healthy for you hun, try not to stress!! and m/s usually tapers off at around this point.

You are not alone and i wish i could say something to help ease your fears. Although i have not had any spotting and i have seen my bubs waving to me on u/s i still have the same feelings. I hope once you can feel baby moving and kicking inside that i will help a little bit

Congrats on reaching the 2nd Tri, you are 1/3 of the way there!!

Thanks Ladies!
    I feel a bit better - I just have these off days now and again.
    Mantaray - I wasnt sure if after 12 weeks was 2nd tri or after 14 weeks! Well it is all exciting to make it to 2nd tri! YAY me!

hey
    I had a m/c at 5 weeks also in January. I have been very nervous this whole pregnancy! Luckily there is an ultrasound machine in my OBS room so when I go there he can have a look, (and so can I!) I was terrified until I had my 12 week scan, which showed a beautiful, healthy baby. Now I can relax a tiny bit, but Im still nervous. Im not sure if the nerves ever go away!

I guess we just have to take it day by day, and I am happy that I have reached 12 weeks atleast, so have you, so hopefully we are out of the danger zone!

Sounds like me after my MC.. i asked for a Usound every week!!! paranoid but would rather see then not!
    Last edited by didispunk; June 3rd, 2008 at 07:14 PM.

It's perfectly normal to feel this way when you are pregnant again after a loss. With this pregnancy I had two lots of spotting in the early days which resulted in bed rest both times, but here I am still going strong with just 4 to 5 weeks to go. Just try to be as positive as possible, that's what I've done. Celebrate each milestone you reach and remember that with each one you pass the closer you are to having your bubs in your arms.

hopefulone Guest

Default self protection

hi - i also can relate to how you feel. we had a miscarriage in Jan at 9 weeks (although bub only got to about 6)

i am currently 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant and had a tiny amount of extremely faint brown discharge - well that was enough to freak me out completely. i did not realise how worried i am about having a miscarriage again... i am not cramping as such but i am experiencing some discomfort.

i am having a scan done on in 2 days to check that it is not ectopic (have 1 very dodgy tube only) and am thinking more and more that it will just be bad news again - and that this time i will probably lose everything.

anyway - i guess i will find out then.

good luck to anyone else who is waiting to see what is going to happen to their pregnancies.

.x

oh, hopefulone,
    I understand. I feel so much like I am doomed as well, i feel anxious and worried.

I have had what I think a chemical miscarriage in the past and it has taken nearly 3 years to get pregnant again. some say take it day by day, I take it bathroom visit by bathroom visit at the moment.

I hope your scan shows everthing is OK.

My thoughts go out to everyone else who feels like this too.

hopefulone Guest

Default thanks...

hi runnermum
    thanks for your message. it made me smile - i take it bathroom to bathroom visit too!

well things have not gotten worse - which is a good thing. scan is at 10.30 tomorrow. it seems like a lifetime away.

will let you know how it goes

.x

hopefulone Guest

Default Great News ...

TODAY

hi all - what a relief ... today we found out not only is it not ectopic but there is a heartbeat!

am feeling very lucky and excited and nervous.

due at end of Jan!

good luck to everyone else

.x

Hopefulone,
    I am so happy for you both, you can at least enjoy your long weekend.
    Good for you.