Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cant stop eating....

Default cant stop eating....

Hi all, just wanted to know if anyone else is eating heaps. You'd think Im prg to an Army. Ive been getting nausea and the only way to stop that is by eating. It's kind of stressing my as I reall have to watch out how much I put on this time. I had back surgery in Feb06 and need to watch my weight. Have a belly pop already? Is this possible. about 4-5 weeks, fourth child. Any thoughts?

Hi Ollie!!
    I am like you and feel like I am eating for an army!!! Before being pg I was a small eater and now I can't get enough...like you I feel sick if I don't eat and I have to eat as soon as I get a twinge of hunger or its bad news!!! I'm woried about the weight too...I'm 6wk and not showing yet, although I have put on weight!! As this is my first pg can't really help you out unfortunately...Hope ur having a good weekend!!

Same over here! I have nausea pretty much 24/7, the only way I get some relief is by eating. Mind you, for someone who usually loves food, I am so OVER it by now. I'm sick of trying to think of things that are reasonably healthy, not too many sugary things, and most of all, food that actually appeals to me! Not easy! I'm 9 weeks today, and I'm really on the countdown to 12 weeks, as everyone keeps telling me I'll feel better around then. According to the scales I haven't put on weight, but my belly certainly looks like it! Especially after I eat. I can't wait to get an actual baby bump so I can start letting it all hang out!

Funny thing is doesnt matter how much I eat, I still feel hungry...MMM
    I usually dont eat much, no breakfast(only coffee), snack for lunch and then dinner. I enjoy eating but this is crazy. My sense of smell is going thru the roof too.

yep i was eating all day and all night. Didnt put on any weight though

Since 12 weeks I havent been able to eat so much as i get full MUCH quicker.

Ollie I have a friend who is pregnant with her fourth bubba and was showing by 8/9 weeks and by 13 weeks she was the same size that I was at 20 weeks!!! Not sure about her appetite but it is quite likely that will start to show earlier with it being your fourth. It will most likely to just be baby and not fat though as your stomach muscles probably aren't as strong so you will pop sooner. Does that make sense? Sorry if I'm posting something you already know!

Hi Lea,
    I did show earlier with my third, so I guess this time will be even earlier. I spent the day with a friend celebrating her religious occasion. So I ate and ate and ate. UGHHH Im just constantly feeling hungry and drinking heaps of Soda Water(happened in 2nd prg) not very good for gas(tmi).

Fire Fly Guest

Yep thats me. I was SO hungry waiting for dinner tonight that i had to eat 3 slices of bread to get me by till it was ready. I actually felt like i was going to be sick, then it changed to getting really light headed. Dont recall that happening with the other 2. Funny how every pg is different hey.
    Obviously our bodys need it to make the baby. I think mine has alot to do with the fact that im still fully B/fng Ds so thats a double wammy. And ive been a week without my Elevit tabs and ive really noticed the difference. Have to get more on Monday if i can. I miss them heaps.

Well I haven't even been suffering from any morning sickness and I have still been eating constantly! I figure as long as I focus on putting healthy food in, I don't have to worry too much...Even DH has commented that he cannot believe how starving I always seem to be & how I just inhale my food LOL!! Enjoy everyone...

Gee Im paying for it now. That long lunch doesnt seem to be arranging with me now. :eek: Im just on 5weeks, is it early for cravings? Just wondering. I think its funny that I ask, I agree that every prg is different and having 3 kids doesnt make me a pro. Have a nice night ladies.

I ate SO Much that I put on most of my weight by 16 weeks. I slowed down after that, but u p until then I had to eat to combat the nausea. just do what your body tells you. I found that because I craved alot of pizza/burgers, i had to subsitute them sometimes with healthier options (home made pizza, curried egg rolls, etc). enjoy your pregnancyx xoox

Im a bit the same but i feel sicker after eating but if i dont i get faint.... I got up soooo hungry but was feeling a bit sick ate toast and now feel worse feels like it is sitting under my sternum.... I feel like this ALL DAY!!!! Sometimes worse after tea.. So i have been having smaller meals often cos cant eat large meals.. I usually get takeaway on a sat night if we dont go out for tea but last night the thought of a burger or chips made me gag so i had toast??? So not me... I might end up losing weight not gaining it cos my food choices have change craving fruit BIGTIME!!!!!

I am constantly hungry. I also feel sick if I wait too long to eat. I think smaller meals more often are a better idea, I just don't ever seem to do that!

AmyBaby Guest

I feel like i am CONSTANTLY eating. And I am always keen for dinner, but then sit down to eat it and can't eat as much as I thought!

I tend to find that while at work, i eat more than i do at home ? Is that because we are more active at work, so need to eat more to keep us going ?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Are you taking any multivitamins? In case your body is low in something and trying to get it? Of course your body is going full steam ahead now growing a baby
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I ate heaps and heaps for the first 8 weeks - unfortunetly most of it came back up! but no matter what i did i was always hungry

hellobetty Guest

I'm also hungry all the time - but only for carbs (mostly bread, rice crackers, rice, potatoes in that order) and sweets (mainly wine gums!). All vegetables & proteins are a complete turn off, and make me physically gag. This is so unlike me, my diet before consisted of only fresh fruit, vegetable and grilled fish! I've heard of cravings but this is ridicuous, can my body really be telling me to I need all this unheathly food, and that I dont need vegetables/protein?! I read somewhere that morning sickness can also be a sign of a lack of vit B - which could be true given my enormous pregnancy vitamin tablets also make me gag! Has anyone else had this (vit B deficiency)?

I also was very hungry in the beginning (4-8 weeks) and seemed to be constantly thinking about food! I'm now 13 weeks and in the last couple of weeks my appetite hasn't been so big, in fact I now go to eat dinner and find I can't finish it. I still crave naughty sweet foods though (chocolate, biscuits etc). Hhhhmmm I wonder if that means I'm having a girl.....!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast