Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Due dates

Default Changing Due dates

OK
    Slight background. I've been on clomid, for a year. I've charted and tracked everything I could. My cycle has be 29 day exactly for 6 months and I have a Day 21 blood test to confirm ovulation (Came back positive). So I would say that I know I ovulated on the 24th December (Day 16 of cycle). I had a +ve stick test on the 10th Jan and + ve Blood test on the 11th Jan. (HGC leves were at 400)

According to everything I can find that would make me about 9 weeks. I had a scan today and they have told me I got all my dates wrong and that I was only 6 weeks. So I'm a little scare that things haven't grown for 3 weeks and everything is about to turn to pot.

Is there anyone out there who has had the same issues.

I think i just need to know I'm not alone........
    Mel

to you Mel!!

I have had dates change by a few weeks with my first ultra sound, though i wasnt keeping track of my cycle so closely.

Did your dr seemed worried? Is it the same dr who has been monitoring your ovulation etc?

When is your next schelduled ultra sound? I know that the first scan is usully what they use to determine things, and then you go from there- so i would try not to worry until your next scan and then go from there.

Take care mate and if you get worried, go see your dr, in a week or so they should be able to detect a heart beat, and that is a sure sign things are going ok!

Good luck
    StarBright
    xoxoxox

I have always had 2 EDD's but fortunately the gap wasnt that big.. Maybe your little one is a little slower in developing atm but will catch up?? Dont stress, i have my fingers crossed that everything will be ok!

Thanks star bright and Jen,
    I have another scan monday week. So I'll wait till then. There was a blip on the screen that she said could have been the heart beat, but it was to early to tell.
    crossed fingers again.
    MEl

The best bet is to stay focus on the "estimated" for your DD. The thing is that it all depends on your cycle and how long it is (28 days vs 32 days) the moon cycles and the actual insemination date.

If you know your O date and the date the egg was fertilised and how long your cycles are you have around a 3-4 day margin of error in your EDD.

If you don't know most of these things, you have a week margin of error & even then the medium gestation for humans is 40 weeks, the majority lying between 38-42 weeks.

I'm a bit passionate about it as both times I've birthed closer to 42 weeks and both times had pressure because of passing the magic 40 week mark. Don't put too much pressure on yourself & give everyone else a week leeway (i.e. if you are due on the first, tell everyone the 7th )

hey don't worry the same thing happened to me. I was having a scan at what I thought was 8 weeks and then I found out I was only 5 weeks!! I was quite depressed about having to backtrack three weeks because I would've been 11 weeks pregnant but now I'm back to the 8 week mark. I'm just hoping the baby comes early because originally by my LMP it was supposed to be due Sept 1st and my best friend's wedding is Sept 13th but the baby is now due Sept 19th!! Yikes!! I'm using my LMP date though for when I take the time off work hahaha. Well I figured that they could be wrong, my bub could just be smaller and I'd prefer to be prepared than to be at work with my waters breaking!!

Thank you all so much.
    My OB called me the yesterday and told me that there were two yolks in the scan, I've got to wait an extra week for another scan but he believes there might be twins. yikes!!!!!
    So, i've decided not to stress, I'll just wait and see what happens, there isn't a lot I can do regardless. So i'm staying healthy eating lots of good food what will come will come of it's own accord and on it's own date. Had a chat to my mum and she carried me and my sister to 44weeks, I turned out fine, as did my sister. So perhaps we just have a longer gestation than others.

WOW Mel

Thats so very exciting for you, I wasn't sure what else to post here but i guess it may explain why the date changed??

Will keep my eyes posted here for further conf on the twin situation

Mel Congratulations on your would love to hear how you go ? i think you are right not to stress good luck with your scan. neane

That is fantastic news. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Hi Mel, well that is good news. Twins would certainly explain why, they are smaller for dates. I hope things continue to go well and look forward tohearing your next scan update. Congrats.

Hi mel!!!

Twins are definatley a sign why things are a bit slower- i think as it seems there are two yolks in the one sack- it takes time for them to seperate kind of thing- i think!!

Good luck with the scan today!! I hope you see two nice steady heart beats!!

Thinking of you
    SB

Smile How did you go Mel?

Hi mel how did your scan go today? neane.

Hi all
    Well I had the scan, Things are not so good. The scan showed that the sacks had partially released from the lining. I had an appoint with my OB Wednesday, but went into Hospital on Tuesday with cramps and bleeding (well gushing really). So on 19th Feb our Tiny Dancers left the scene. I've been in emotial no mans land for the past week, but am feeling better and re-emerging into the land of the living.

Al little bit sad, but still Warm and Sunny Smile
    Mel

Unhappy I'm sorry to hear your news

Hey mel I am sorry to hear your news, I am glad that you are coming out of your cave, keep your chin up am thinking of you

I'm really sorry for the loss of your Little dancers Mel....

Its good to be able take your time re entering the world,you know where we are if you need us.

Take care
    xoxoxSB

Mel, I am so sorry to read your post.
    You are being very strong and I wish you so much luck. Always sad to read about any loss, but two tiny dancers, makes me feel doubley sad.
    Sending positive healing vibes to you and your family.

Oh Mel,
    I am so very sorry to hear about your loss of your tiny dancers. My heart goes out to you.

sending big hugs your way

nae x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast