Thread: cheeses?

Default cheeses?

i cant remember from my first pregnancy if i can have creamed cheese or cottage cheese? i know i cant have brie & soft cheeses like that but not sure about the two i mentioned

Apparantly (check old cheese threads for confirmation) all Aussie cheese is pasturized so can be eating during pregnancy - though stuff like feta and self-made deli cheeses aren't safe. I've eaten Camembert (mmmm) since being preg...though I would make sure it was cold and not room temp....
    If it's pasturized it's ok.

kizzy Guest

My OB gave me a phamphlet about listeria. It says that you can eat hard cheese, processed cheese, cheese spreads, cream cheese and cottage cheese.

High risk cheeses are soft, semi soft and curface ripened cheese eg: brie, camembert, ricotta, fetta and blue cheese.

You should get the leaflet on listeria when you see the Dr if they haven't given it too you maybe ask for it as it gives some great infomation in it.

thanks everyone - i was hoping it was ok to have creamed cheese cause ive had cravings for it on bagels & have eaten some today then thought i had better check!