Thread: Chemical pregnancy?

sparkles Guest

Default Chemical pregnancy?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether you get morning sickness with a chemical pregnancy?

I did a test a few days ago (around 11DPO) and it was a faint positive, I did three more tests later that day (sad, I know!) and they were all positive. When I did a test today, the line came out positive, but not much darker than the first one I did a few days ago. I felt really sick for a few days but now I don't feel sick.

I'm freaking out and wishing I didn't test so early. Should I still be feeling sick if I'm pregnant?

Thanks for any help,

Sparkles

Hi sparkles, welcome to belly belly. Lots of women find that morning sickness and other pregnancy symptoms come and go a bit. If you've has some morning sickness and now you don't it might just be because your body has temporarily adjusted to the changes.
    If the line on your HPT today was much darker than before then its likely that the hormone levels in your body are rising as they should be.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy

kerry Guest

Welcome Sparkles.

Don't try too worry too much about testing to early and feeling sick. I know the waiting is the worst part but thought I would just say that I suffered horrendous morning sickness for over a week before I even tested (at 1 day late). I still have it but not quite as bad as I did. I hope this is a good sign for you and wish you all the best.

hi sparkles - welcome to BB!!!

congrats on your pg. i would agree with the others - try not to worry too much, i actually felt the worst when i just found out, and i think my emotions were part of the reason i was so sick!! LOL all the excitement made me ill!!! it is very normal to worry about things like this, jsut to 'prepare' yourself. but try to be positive. have you been to the dr yet? you will probably feel better about it once you have had a blood test,

Linda

Just wanted to welcome you to bellybelly and congratz on your pregnancy!

sparkles - congrats on your pg - yes you can get m/s as soon as your body is producing the pregnancy hormones.. i would suggest going to a Dr to get a BT done to check and ease your mind...

I actually felt sick as soon as I saw those 2 lines appear. It is normal for the symptoms to come and go. AJ gave great advice.

sparkles Guest

Wow! Thanks. It was so nice to log on a few hours after my freak out and read the encouraging replies. I went to the doctor and she said if the home pregnancy tests said I was pregnant, then I was and there was no need to do a blood test.

She did want me to have an ultra sound in two weeks because my dates are unsure (weird cycle).

I'm still a little concerned about having a chemical pregnancy but the Doc says I wouldn't feel sick with one of those. But I've read elsewhere on the net that you can...

I'm normally pretty calm and no fuss, but this whole deal is quite stressful. It wasn't a planned pregnancy but DH and I are really looking forward to having a baby now. I just hope it's burrowing in properly or whatever it's supposed to be doing!

Stresshead (previously known as Sparkles!)

sparkles, glad to hear that you got some reassurance from your GP also.

good luck at your U/S!!

Linda