Thread: Chicken

*TamaraP* Guest

Default Chicken

The last time I was pregnant I craved a lot of salty and chicken flavoured things and went off red meat.

Is this normal at this early stage?

When I was pg with Lindsay I craved cheese sandwiches and hotdogs.

Do you mean chicken chips and stuff? I don't see anything wrong with that. There is no point trying to eat something if you don't feel like it.

skyelar Guest

Yep I can't even walk past a butcher without feeling sick.

Yummo on the salt here as well!!

Oh thank goodness, I thought I was some sort of freak!!
    Chocolate does nothing for me anymore...
    Mum gave us chocolates for our wedding anniversary and DH got the joy of eating them all...they just taste like nothing.
    And I was so looking forward to indulging on tim-tams
    At least I have my yogurt...can't keep me away from that - and fruit!
    Oh, and hot cross buns!

I remember only wanting to eat chicken and sometimes nachos. I also went off red meat, noy good when trying to keep iron levels up.

I went off "dinner type foods" all together during early pregnancy so meat and especially vegetable. I couldnt even think about vegetables espeically brocoli for some reason without gaging or being sick. I craved salty food and salt and vinegar chips were my LIFE SAVER.

*TamaraP* Guest

Thats a good sign then

Sherie, I mean like Chicken fillets and then other salty foods. But Chicken potato chips would go down a treat!!

Yeh, and I can't stand eating a full dinner anymore...

Kirsty77 Guest

I've been craving chicken nuggets! And all kinds of processed meats that I normally wouldn't touch like curry meat pies!

Same here! Im not sure what I want to eat! With my first it was tomato on soft buns & vegemite sandwhiches. My second it was potato, boiled mostly but just potato cooked anyway.
    So far with this one I have been wanting things that are fresh & crisp but not fruit. i just can't pin point it! Also with all 3 pg I have also gone off chocolate. I am someone who would happily eat a family block of fruit n nut chocolate all on my own every day! (i don't but I would!)

I havent been able to touch chicken no matter how its cooked same goes with steak and i havent loved these foods all my life

even cooking it for hubby makes me feel ill!!!

i wish it pass soon

Congrats Tamara!!!!

my cravings have been changing throughout, at first it was two minute noodles, then tuna, then tacos - now its more sweeter things like pancakes and chocolate! i cant get enough although im being sensible, but i too couldnt eat dinner, i still cant eat alot of meat! it makes me sick, especially a steak! the thought of it makes me gag and broccolli! yuk!

Good luck with your pregnancy tamara!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

*TamaraP* Guest

Emma, I work in the food industry... I am very anal when it comes to things like that...

Melinda Guest

Nelle - LOL @ the hot cross buns - I've BTDT with that craving already. Thank god it passed! LOL

Currently I'm enjoying Salt 'n' Vinegar chips. *drool* I've also gone off chocolate - my waistline is screaming "long may that continue!"

Well, perhaps TMI, but my hot cross bun came back up in the shower this morning...so I am a bit wary now....I feel so betrayed
    (if you can be betrayed by food)

Probably got more to do with the speed at which I ate it, was running late. Ah these lessons we learn...

So...soup anyone?