Thread: Chiropractors?

Question Chiropractors?

Hi

Background history: Bad car accident back 5 years ago which still causes me back troubles and I get my back aligned every six months or so to help with pain. I do exercises between appointments. End background history

I was supposed to get my back put back into alignment before christmas but was busy with work and never got it done. Now I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I'm worried that my back will cause major problems in the future. I have started to get back aches already and hope that they only stick around for a short time but was wondering if I can visit and Chiro that can help me now or would physio or acupuncture help.
    I'm also worried about doing too much now that may jeopardise the baby. Should I wait it out until after the first trimester?
    Does any one recommend any chiros or physios or acupuncturists in Brisbane to Ipswich region?

Please help, the pain is driving me nuts....

You sure can visit your Chiro katie. I have been seeing mine for nearly 10 years and through all three previous pgs and I will see him with this one too - I haven't been for a while but things are getting a bit tight again. I find for me it really does help with the lower back pain as pg progresses too. Your chiro may need to adjust you differently as you get further along, but they will be able to treat the same areas.

I have been since I got my BFP and was assured that there is no problem with getting any adjustments. My chiro said he even did one lady the day before she went into labour - just uses different methods.

Speak to your doctor if you're really concerned about it. There's enough other things to worry about, you don't want a sore back as well!

Thanks Sherie and Cally
    Eases my mind to know that I'm not going to have to put up with this blasted back pain. Would much rather focus on the good things with my first pregnancy, not the niggly pains and aches.

Yep I also had a car accident but (12 yrs ago) & have sciatica,
    I see my Chiro weekly in my last half of my pregs!! a pure godsend!!!

I also had routine chiro visits while pg and I was very happy.