Thread: Cleaning??

Default Cleaning??

Hi ladies,

I was just wondering what you did about cleaning your bathroom etc while pregnant?? I normally wear gloves but just worried about the fumes!!!

I wore gloves and had a giant hankerchief over my mouth and nose, like a cowboy! It's probably better (and less silly looking!) to go to the local hardware store and get one of those mask things that cover your nose and mouth though....they're cheap and would keep the fumes out I imagine.
    Happy cleaning!

Get DH to do it!!

(I was OK with cleaning the loos and wiping round the sinks etc, but DH got the delightful job of the showers once a week..........)

I got DH to do it! It's not just the fumes, think of your back!! If DH is not keen or doesn't do a good enough job maybe you could get a cleaner until bub comes.

What do you girls do to clean? I just spray stuff on then rinse it off 15 minutes later, none of this cleaning malarky.

After having left DH alone for 2 weeks I can't trust him to clean anything... I should really be in the kitchen, not on BB, trying to sort out his messes.

Yep Aaron had to use all the chemicals for me too

I used vinegar to clean most of the bathroom stuff, the toilet was easy enough with the chemicals, but the shower was the hard part. DH does it once a month & when I was pregnant the first time he got a house cleaner to come in once a month & do the floors & bathrooms well for us. So if it got yuck in the meantime I used vinegar to get the yuck bits off or a paste of bi-carb soda & water, to scrub the bottom of the shower. ETA: for this pregnancy DH got lazy & increased the cleaning to twice a month so he doesn't do it at all.... for us this costs us $30 a fortnight for the floors to be vacumed & mopped thorughout the entire house & the bathrooms (2) and toilets to be scrubbed clean. If she has extra time she goes into the kitchen & cleans in there as well as dusts our bedroom & Matilda's room. I dust most days as I go so there isn't much around the main part of our house, but I tend to neglect our bedrooms.

Enjo has some pretty good cleaning products that may work too once the place is already cleaned.

I have to agree with Christy - enjo would be fab because it doesn't use any chemicals. failing that I'd make DH do it

Yeah enjo came in handy in my preg!!! i found that if i used chemicals i'd cough my guts out!!!! Definately keep the room well ventilated and use gloves!

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, I used those nose & mouth masks that you can buy at coles. They are in the cleaning isle and only a couple of dollars for a pack of about 10. I was really lucky that Hubby did most of the cleaning while I was preganant and the rest I used Bi carb soda for.

I used one of those spray things and just washed it down because I didn't like the smell. Any heavy duty scrubbing I got DH to do as I physically couldn't bend down and the smell of the stuff was awful!

I have an Enjo glove as well but it's no good for heavy duty cleaning. =(

We moved around when i was 10/11 weeks so we had to clean the whole appartment. I just used gloves mostly and made sure i got plenty of fresh air breaks inbetween it all. Dont forget to keep your fluids up as cleaning can make you sweaty!