Thread: Cleaning Products during Pregnant

Default Cleaning Products during Pregnant

Hi all,

What cleaning products do you use or used during pregnancy?

Every Saturday morning I scrub my bathroom and toliet and don't know what is safe to use. I wear a mask (the ones people wear when painting) to reduce inhaling any fumes.

I used to use bleach but am only using pine-o-clean at the moment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated???

Thanks
    Al

I hardly did any cleaning at all while preg, but when I did I went for the low fumes products (Orange Power I think was one).

I used the Orange Power stuff as well. Also Pine-O-Clean, and sometimes just bi-carb soda & vinegar. Make sure whatever room your cleaning is well ventilated too.

hi Alton

I wash my floors about once a weeks and i just use home brand floor cleaner, but i make sure that i open all the windows so the fumes don't get to me as much. I haven't scrubbed the bathrooms since falling pregnant (they are getting desperate for a clean though!) but I usually use Orange Power bathroom cleaner as it doesn't affect my asthma but still cleans well.

Hope that helps!!

I used vinegar mostly during PG.

Custardtart Guest

Most cleaning products are pretty safe, stay clear of caustics like oven cleaner, as they are listed as unsafe during pregnancy.
    Make sure you don't breathe in too many fumes! A pretty safe bet is STOP if you get a headache, but even if you do it's unlikely to affect the baby.

Kerrie

I've been using vinegar a lot around the house lately. It's completely safe for everyone, including pg mums, babies and pets, it's cheap and it's easy.

i used the really potent shower cleaner before i found out i was pg [-X - no wonder it made me feel so sick. since then i only use the 'normal' cleaners - spray and wipe etc, and have plenty of ventilation,

Linda

Thank you all for your replies.

Vinegar? Do you mix the vinegar with water or just straight vinegar? I will have to try this.

custardtart - my oven desperately needs cleaning but will get DH to clean it, because oven cleaner is so overwhelming. No way will I risk using it!

Al

i think maybe you dilute it for things like floors, but not others. is this right?

Linda

Yep, for the floors I put around a cup with 3 litres and also put lemon juice in to help the smell... and I used it undiluted on toilets & the kitchen clean up.